Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone running Boost Cooler from Snow Performance?

Junior SCH Member
    LOL,
    You can't just inject nitrous into your intake without compensating it with some sort of fuel enrichment. And injecting minimal amounts of Nitrous Oxide won't cool anything down.
    I personally would love to see someone injecting enough raw nitrous, without fuel compensation, under boost, to make an intake manifold "Ice Over". LOL, BOOM!

Plus, the facts are simple.
    Nitrous alone won't raise your octane like alcohol injection.

The only way Nitrous would be used without a fuel enrichment method, would be to cool down an intercooler from the out side.

Junior SCH Member
    Dare I even mention the propane injection that came out a few years ago?

SCH Member
    Lots of turbo Buick folks are using propane. It hit the scene about 6 months after I got my SMC kit, but they all seem to say it's good stuff other than getting the tank filled and the size of the tank.
    I went from running 12-13psi on 92 octane to 23-24, at which point the Delphi 50# injectors were at 87-88% DC, so I called it quits. My GN is far from stock though...
    The guy with the TTA is on the right track, a few people have gotten them into the 11's with just a few simple mods(better fuel pump, hotwire the fp, adj w/g, adj fpr, 110+octane).
    GN's are about at the end of the stock turbo's rope in the 12.2's tho. With a better turbo, intercooler and downpipe 10's are attainable if you're willing to put some other hard parts on the line.
    I am VERY happy with my SMC system, well worth the $$ and Steve is a helluva nice guy. I set up a GP on turbobuick.com when I bought mine and he was very good to deal with on that aspect of things. His stuff may cost a bit more, but his support is well worth it! The controller is also worlds above the Snow Performance unit imo.
    68 Charger R/T-493/727/3.91
    87 Buick-Stock 3.8 with a whistle
    90 LX hatch-Titanium/black interior, 347, ported Twisted Wedge's & Track Heat, Novi 2000, 42# injectors, Pro-M 80, T56, Spec Stage 3, Cobra brakes f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, Maximum Motorsports uppers/lowers/CC plates, 4.10's, front coilovers, PMS, Bullit wheels.
    02 SOM SS, A4-Stock-Have cam, converter, N20 in the closet.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SC351W
    If you want to cool your intake charge, nitrous. I live in S FL, and I've watched ice and frost form on cold air intakes when doing a dyno pull. Nitrous has a zero laugh factor at the track. and cools the charge down probably 30-50 degrees more than water.
    lol. Spraying a 75 hit of juice on my old setup with a non intercooled T-trim dropped IAT's by maybe 30 degrees, but guess what happened? It would detonate like hell because nitrous bumps up your cylinder pressures, so who gives a **** if your IATs drop if you detonate worse? Spraying 100% distilled water on my non intercooled system I would see inlet temps 10-15 degrees above ambient, and now that I'm running an air-to-air intercooled YSI-trim I see IAT's below ambient, and now with my alkycontrol kit I can run as much boost and timing with 93 octane pump gas in the tank as I can on 110 or 112 octane leaded. What a joke, do you think that people are going to be more impressed by a car running 11's @ 120-125 running a blower AND nitrous and needing race gas, or low 10's running a blower only with pump gas? For that matter, what kind of a "racer" are you when your main concern for buying parts is what people are going to think of you at the track? Give me a break.

SCH Member
    I have been running the boost cooler from snow for around 6 months now and it delivers the performance. I run up to 30 degrees of timming with 15 PSI of boost with no problems. After I blew a headgasket because of detonation I gave it a try and have had no problems at all. I am now running a 331 with flattops 15 PSI and 27 degrees of timming with no problems.
    1969 Mustang coupe. 428 FE NOS 10.30 at 130 mph. 1991 LX hatch 302, GT40X ported,Trickflow street heat,E-cam 1.7's, GFORCE T-5. 31 spline with 3.73's. Vortech V2-SQ with AFM powerpipe.Snow Performance Boost Cooler. Daily Driver 11.41 at 124.00. Now a 331