Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running Boost Cooler from Snow Performance?

Junior SCH Member

Anyone running Boost Cooler from Snow Performance?

Just wonder because I might get it. :D What are the pros and cons.

Thanks

Here is a link for a previous thread

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/show...ow+performance

You can also do a search, and see all the threads relaing to Snow Performance....
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

Senior SCH Member
    subscribing
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Junior SCH Member
    waste of money in my opinion, If you want to cool intake temps, get a "sneaky pete" nitrous kit of get a regular dry kit and run a 25shot in front of the blower. Most of gains will probably come from just the "uncompressing" nitrous cooling the intake charge.
    all the water pumps and resevoirs they give you look real low quality, looks like a pain in the *** for unproven gains. nitrous is well proven.

I disagree. The components supplied with the Snow Performance Boost Cooler kit are of good quality, and the system works. It is a clean and easy install. Once you have it on your car, it sure is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to refill than nitrous,,, and a sneaky pete system, will get you maybe 5 runs,,,, Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

Junior SCH Member
    The system is a joke! If you really want one you could probably go down to an industrial supply house and pick up the components for half the price. It's just a gimick, if you want to make more power after you install it, tough luck that's all it does. Water/alcohol injection (or whatever you put in the tank) is how you make power. Serious racers will laugh if you pop your hood at the track and show it off.
    If you want to cool your intake charge, nitrous. I live in S FL, and I've watched ice and frost form on cold air intakes when doing a dyno pull. Nitrous has a zero laugh factor at the track. and cools the charge down probably 30-50 degrees more than water.

you can probably piece together a kit off of ebay for the same price as the water kit.
    fyi: NX makes the best solenoids out therem, and the have a lifetime warranty on them.

your choice, have fun either way! :D

The last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match. Bottom line is, I have seen the kit on many cars running at the track and it makes great power at a reasonable price. True, if you want to run around and piece together a kit like Snow's kit, you can.. but I would rather spend the 299 and get all the parts needed, instructions and great technical support ...Lee

This stuff works fairly well on Vortech/Paxton stuff and is almost a have-to-have Kenne Bell blowers.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    There is a guy here in FL that makes some kits, originally for Buicks. He runs a Turbo TA w/ a V6 and he is able to crank up the boost due to his injection kit. All I know is he was running 11s with a stock TTA, single turbo V6, HEAVY car. The proof is in the pudding.

I know that N20 works as well, but its not going to cost you much less than buying a water/meth injection kit and it absolutely is:

1 - 90% cheaper to fill
    2 - lasts longer between fills
    3 - Isnt obvious from looking in your trunk/hatch/whatever
    4 - People will underestimate the effect of injection when they look at it, but when people look at a big bottle in your trunk, they are afraid to race you... go figure??

Jeff
    www.stangonline.com

Junior SCH Member
    The difference in temperature drops between N2O and water more than makes up the financial difference in getting a bottle filled. If you run a 25 shot of nitrous your discharge temps will be lower, plus with a 25 shot, depending on you engine size you can get 20-25, maybe even 30 full 1/4 mile passes. If you're filling up with their reccommended meth/water mix that closes the refill cost gap.

Most guys aren't afraid to race something with water injection cause they know it's a joke! 60hp!?! LMAO!! sure it will!!

Most guys with upgraded turbo GN/TA's run 11's all day without water injection, maybe this guys the only one that doesn't know how.

Hey if your not educated enough to run nitrous, go ahead shoot some water in there, snow even sells nitro-methane to add to the water.

Their dyno graph they put up there is a joke, it is from two different cars, if you've seen enough dyno graphs you could spot that a mile away.

Like a said its your choice, water injection has been in the muscle car/hot rod community for years, if you think it's some new discovery think again, their are more efficient ways to make power, that why most don't bother. Snow is a fad or trend like neon, 20" rims, vinyl graphics, it will pass.

SCH Member
    People said that imports/ricers was a trend.... Seems that its here to stay.

N2O and meth/water each have their place. Im not going to argue with you, as you are obviously convinced already. IMO, for power adders, water/meth will let you run more boost, safer. By itself, it might not produce that much additional HP, but coupled with the additional boost, I think its the way to go.

There is a GN in the same group that is able to add at least 10lbs of boost w/pump gas using straight alch injection. Was running mid 11s, now running 10s. Both the GN and the TTA have the original turbo.

O well - my .02

Jeff
    www.stangonline.com

Junior SCH Member
    Did anybody see the magazine article a month or two ago? Water injection works. I've got a homemade kit and nobody laugh's at me. I can run alot more timing than before with no detonation :D . I'd like to have a 50 hp shot of nitrous but I can't afford it right now. Like the man said, they both have their good point's. Later, WWW

Junior SCH Member
    I have nitrous and then got an S-trim and still have the nitrous. I've pulled my kit and am selling it and just going with a water injection setup. Yeah, a bit more power could be made with the n2o, but I didn't need the extra power and just wanted the benefit of cooler charge temp and lessen the threat of detonation...so basically a safer tune. N2o puts a lot more stress on the motor on top of the stress already there from the boost. All my nitrous equipment (switches, purge, heater, etc) cost about $800 total, whereas a water injection kit is simple and costs a quarter of that. I plan on running winter mix washer fluid, which has methanol mixed in already and can be gotten for a couple dollars a gallon at wal mart and will last a lot longer than my 10lb bottle.

Junior SCH Member
    I've been researching this topic like others have, lots of interesting info. There's some other guys producing these kits, one of them is very popular with the GN crowd- the pump is located in the tank to save space and it has a decent control system:

http://www.smcenterprises.com/Injector.htm

Also, Anderson Ford is in the process of producing a system tailored to centrifugals, supposed to be available soon.
    From what I have read on other baords and other brands using these systems, they are NOT a joke- the benefit of more boost and timing with greatly reduced detonation appears to be a worthwhile cause.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangonline.com
    People said that imports/ricers was a trend.... Seems that its here to stay.

N2O and meth/water each have their place. Im not going to argue with you, as you are obviously convinced already. IMO, for power adders, water/meth will let you run more boost, safer. By itself, it might not produce that much additional HP, but coupled with the additional boost, I think its the way to go.

There is a GN in the same group that is able to add at least 10lbs of boost w/pump gas using straight alch injection. Was running mid 11s, now running 10s. Both the GN and the TTA have the original turbo.

O well - my .02

Jeff
    www.stangonline.com
    Agree Jeff- seems that a lot of GN guys have tested and used these systems with tremendous results, and what I have read the cost savings over nitrous is huge.