Thread: Electric FP Gauge PROBLEMS

Electric FP Gauge PROBLEMS

This damn gauge is driving me insane...I have everything hooked up except the sender. The sender connects to the schrader valve but there is a problem. Both the sender AND the schrader valve have "male" ends. In addition, the sender is 1/8" and the schrader valve is 1/16". I have looked everywhere for some kind of fitting or connector to hook the sender to the valve but I'm coming up empty handed and very frustrated. The fuel rail adapter that autometer sells does not work. I tried calling autometer but they aren't open on weekends...

I really wanted to get everything hooked up this weekend because it's supposed to be high 40's on Monday and I wanted to take the car out and start tuning it.

What can I do? I've looked in Home Depot, Lowes, etc. and can't find a fitting or connector that would work. How does Autometer expect me to hook this gauge up?!??
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

What kind of FP regulater do you have some of those have ports for a sending unit I know that my Accufab does.

Its just a thought but I wouldnt tell you to go out and buy a new regulater just to solve the prob.

I have one of the fittings your talking about it came with a small fp gauge that I got from WMS racing in Alberta Canada.

Dont know what to tell ya though about where to get one youve checked every where I would have.

Good Luck

I have a Kirban regulator that does not have a npt port on it. I can't wait to call up Autometer and tell them what the problem is on Monday. :bang:
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Sorry have to give Autometer a call.

My gauge came with every part I needed.

Ian