Thread: Suggestions for changes on my combo - 600rwhp goal

Junior SCH Member

Suggestions for changes on my combo - 600rwhp goal

I'd like to see some suggestions on what I may need to change to hit 600rwhp. And I'd appreciate anyones guess on how the combo I'm leaning to would perform. And I'm really lost on a fuel system.

Parts I already have:
    TEA TFS TW heads - 185cc port job
    Flow numbers:
    .100 74.3 55.2
    .200 144.2 120.3
    .300 219.6 164.5
    .400 271.1 202.1
    .500 300.2 227.6
    .550 305.5 237.1
    .600 301.5 247.6
    .700 299.2 261.4
    TEA fully ported Performer RPM intake
    80mm Pro M
    70mm TB
    42lb injectors
    custom cam .544/.576 226/230 @ .050 114
    Novi 2k

Things I'm looking to buy:
    Dart big bore block - 8.2" deck 4.125" bore
    forged 3.400 crank and matching rods - final ci = 358" (I think)
    custom pistons ~8.5:1 probably JE's
    Powerpipe

This is all going through a built AOD w/ 3k stall. I currently have 3.73s but will probably switch to 3.55s. I'm considering an Accufab 75mm TB. I already have 2 sets of shorty headers (both e & u/e), o/r H-pipe and Dynomax Ultraflows, but I will probably go to some larger primary Kooks LTs. I have both a 6AL already installed and a Digital-6 NIB I may switch to. I have a 255lph intank but I know that won't do. I also have stock rails. Suggestions here please? Anything you guys would change? Any thought on maybe going with the smaller 3.25" crank for oil control/rod ratio and maybe being ~343ci?

Now there's always a catch.... and I wanted 600rwhp on 93 octane. This is a street car. But if I'm short, what kind of potential do you guys think I have on race gas with more boost? This is my first blower car, but not my first quick car. Thanks.

Sweet! the low lift number's are killer! that sounds like a great combo. I really like the cam. IMHO.....I don't think you'll make 600 rwhp on pump gas. You certainly won't get there with 42's but you would get close. If i was you i'd have two different tunes with different pulleys. You might get there with a set of 55's an intercooler and 15 psi but for the money it's more cost effective to have a race gas tune. pm me if you need to on this. And with 450 rwhp you'll never have traction on the street anyway.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    If it requires race gas, then that's what I'll do. I need 600rwhp. I'm not buying a Dart block for only 450rwhp. I'm over 425rwhp now. I don't mind having 2 separate tunes done (I was planning on it). I'm not afraid of having a laptop in the passenger seat. I've been looking into intercoolers too. There are some for sale on turbomustangs I was considering. Tell me more about the fuel system. I'm kicking myself now for buying the brand new 42s and Pro M last month. I wish I had went bigger. I've heard of a lot of idle problems on cars that run bigger injectors. How streetable are the larger injectors? What is the max rwhp you can get from 42s? If I have to replace a few things I will. My theory was after seeing frank woodall hit 500rwhp on the 1k (and I know he had a great topend), with my 2k and added inches, I think a 600rwhp goal should be reasonable.

I like the honest opinion though. Just tell me what I need to do to reach my goal.

BTW, I've found a new set of 1/2" fuel rails for $75. Is that a good price and are they big enough?

Junior SCH Member
    Combo seems pretty good for 600rwhp with fuel. I made a couple hp shy of 560 to the wheels with 42's and aeromotive a1000, intank pickup, braided line, paxton regulator, and vortech fuel rails. The injectors were MAXED though so i couldnt rev over 6K. (probally shouldnt have went over 5400 for that matter). (I just got a set of 55 high imp. seman dekas so i can get that 600 # myself. I have out the box t/w heads, stg 1 cam, track heat intake and 306CI. It was done with a vortech blower i just switched back to a paxton though since they flow more and i didnt like the reports of YS trim sluggishness.
    LX stang Vortech, C4, A/C, etc...

I would go with at least 60's for what you want to do Alias. I was going to answer your other post but i thought i'd do it right instead.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D