Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
C&L Mass air meter

Thread: C&L Mass air meter

Junior SCH Member

C&L Mass air meter

Is any using a C&L mass air meter with their supercharged combo. Draw thru or blow thru please respond. Thanks again...........

SCH Member

c@L

Quote Originally Posted by notchlover
    Is any using a C&L mass air meter with their supercharged combo. Draw thru or blow thru please respond. Thanks again...........
    hey dude! i just recently put on my v2. i am running my stock for now. but when i go for a tune, you bet your @ss i will have on the 80 mm! let me know what you got

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Draw-Thru 80mm metered for 42lb injectors and been running it for 2 years. If you have problems with the C&L just clock the unit.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Draw-Thru 80mm metered for 42lb injectors and been running it for 2 years. If you have problems with the C&L just clock the unit.
    Thanks for the information speedytang. I have not hooked it up yet (still waiting for a sample tube). Again I am looking for anyone who is currently using one on their car and if it work well or not. Thanks again!!!!

I had one on my ride for about 3 weeks and ditched it....couldn't get it to run right no matter what I did. Went with a Pro-M 80mm Shorty and never looked back.

Junior SCH Member

Mass air meter

Thanks Hawk. I assume you were using it as a draw-thru meter? Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by notchlover
    Thanks Hawk. I assume you were using it as a draw-thru meter? Thanks again!!
    Yeah...The car idled fine but one of the problems it had was stumbling at part throttle. I clocked it a number of times and it never went away. the most disturbing aspect I had was the fluctuating A/F ratio through the rpm range....had rich and lean spikes which is looking for trouble on a blown car. I switched to the Pro-M and all those problems disappeared.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    Yeah...The car idled fine but one of the problems it had was stumbling at part throttle. I clocked it a number of times and it never went away. the most disturbing aspect I had was the fluctuating A/F ratio through the rpm range....had rich and lean spikes which is looking for trouble on a blown car. I switched to the Pro-M and all those problems disappeared.

That's great information. I'll make sure I watch out for anything strange. Thanks again!!!

I have a C&L 76 MM and it runs fine on the car when it was N/A and now Supercharged. Even though I have had no problems w/ it Im still going to try a PRO-M 80 MM calibrated for a Supercharger just to see what diffrence it makes in power, plus the PRO-M's are getting cheaper so its worth a try.
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's

Senior SCH Member
    I have one and have no idle, runs rich as hell, also tried to clock it and it made no difference.

Junior SCH Member

meter

Sound like you have the bypass plumbed to close to the meter. Also if you don't have the bypass hooked up it will definately run rich... Good luck!!!

Junior SCH Member
    I'm running a 76mm MAF w/42# sampling on my Blowzilla combo. Tends to run rich, but at least the motor is no longer detonating.