Thread: sq vorteh nightmare!

SCH Member

sq vorteh nightmare!

hello all! i just got linked to this site, hope you guys can help! i just purchased a sq s trim for my 98 gt. i have the following, mac off road h pipe, msd coil packs, flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust, hypertech power programmer, mac short shift. just got the blower put on, and now WHITE SMOKE, BIGG MISSES, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT? i took my stang to autozone sunday for the check engine light. it said 301 cylinder misfire, 1443 evaporative emission control system control valve, 1445 purge flow sensor circuit high input. so i came back and did some research. i was told it was the GAS CAP? so i checked it..like a noob. ok it is good. i changed the plug wires nd had the guy @ autozone run a check on the check engine light....... no check engine light..woho. today on the way home from lunch, i decide to punch it, and my girl almost died on me! it kind of hesitates @ quick acceleration. it drives great @ regular speed. i know i need a tune but could this be the tune that is missing? i know i could not help myself to beet that honda civic with the smog coming out of the fart tube the other night when i left autozone, and his 2 other friends in the acord fart tube, and ecplyse fart tube. please help getting my girl running GOOD! :)

SCH Member
    anyone

Any vacuum leaks? How's your fuel system? MAF?? Where's your timing?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    no vaccum leaks. i checked my #1 plug and it was slightly bent in. i talked to the guys who put it on and they said they need to bump up my timing. i am running the factory MAF. i will be putting the C&L 80 mm tommorow. when they put the 103 octane everything was fine. we will try that tommorow and see what happens. he said if it goes well then we need to bump the timing.

What injectors? FMU?? Stock timing? I would leave it where it is.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D