Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Almost done with install... i got a couple questions though

Thread: Almost done with install... i got a couple questions though

SCH Member

Almost done with install... i got a couple questions though

First off this is a single belt Novi. I bought it used from Hella Good off this site and it has a aluminum discharge tube, now my question is that it has some extensions welded on it. I know the big one is for the bypass but theres a small one too for a vacuum line I suppose. What do i need to plug into there?

While on the subject of the bypass... which hose goes to the inlet and which goes to the discharge tube? its a bosch bypass.

One other thing.... is anyone running a pro-m 77mm meter with the stock inlet piping? From the looks of things i'll have to buy a powerpipe just so i can mount the meter since the meter and filter are huge and doesn't want to fit in the engine bay.

Other than that the install was super easy and went together nicely.

I have no idea what the small fitting would be for...perhaps a boost gauge?

As for the bypass I hook up them up so that the hose that sees the discharge side of the blower blows against the diaphragm of the bypass. Basically it's the end that is exactly opposite of the end where the vacuum line connects. Make sense? If not I'll post a pic for ya. Ah hell I'll go get a pic now.....

Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    now it makes sense... thanks for the pic.

as for as the small fitting... i thought about a boost gauge but would it get a accurate reading from before the throttle plate? I also thought it was for the bypass vacuum line but that can't be it either. when the throttle closes shut the diaphram would see the same pressure on both sides of it or at least thats my theory. I guess i'll just block it off for now. maybe for the fmu?

You want the boost gauge after the TB. Maybe PM Hella and ask him what he used it for.

Ian

SCH Member
    i've already emailed him yesterday but i hadnt got a response back. i'm gonna get it running tonight hopefully, so if i dont hear from him by then i'll just block it off.

any ideas on what to do with my maf and filter?? i dont know if anyone is familiar wiht a 77mm but it is huge and the filter is huge.

ya i had a 77mm steel with my novi 2k and you need a powerpipe to mount it in the fenderwell.