Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SC gears.??

Thread: SC gears.??

Junior SCH Member

Lightbulb SC gears.??

Hey everyone, I was thinking. I just pulled my headunit apart and Im thinking about getting a set of gears made. What do you guys think? Im going to see if they can make a helical gear set which should quieten the drive up. Tooth count would be the same, so really shouldnt affect much. Also, is there better bearings for these things? These bearings are CHEAP!!!!!
    Last but not least, does anyone know how to check supercharger max speed? Im turning 8-9lbs boost after the intercooler and spin to 6400rpm. My impeller pulley is 3" and the crank pulley is approx 7.75" diameter.
    So if a helical gear set will work, this should make for a bit of a sleeper? Hopefully. I just cant leave well enough alone. I figure a reputable machine shop should be able to handle the task. What does everyone think?

Junior SCH Member
    okay, I found out how to find your impeller speed. Finally. So this is for everyone. Take your Crank pulley diameter and divide by your drive pulley. Multiply that result by the p600b step up ratio of 3.05. then multiply that by the shift point rpm (or max rpm) and this is your impellers speed. Example. 7.65 crank pulley divided by 3. blower drive pulley. =2.55 X 3.05 = 7.775 7.775 X 6400 rpm= 49776 rpm impeller speed.

Senior SCH Member
    do you know were to get the bearings from.
    351 canfield heads, trickflow intake, comp cam amd all the supporting hardware. p600b soon to do be d1 powered

I highly doubt a local machine shop can whip up a set of these cheap for you. They'll also need to be hardened if you want them to live for a decent amount of time. You'll also require different bearings than what is normally used in a blower with straight cut gears...you need bearings that can deal with thrust loads. Last but not least it won't be a sleeper as helical cut gears still make noise....not as much as say a Vortech V-1 with it's straight cut gears but anyone with half decent hearing will know it's blown.