Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
S Trim Question Please Help!5.0 mustang

Thread: S Trim Question Please Help!5.0 mustang

Junior SCH Member

S Trim Question Please Help!5.0 mustang

I am trying to run a serpentine system with a manual rack and a mechanical water pump with no other accesories besides altornator.How do i route the belt so it will spin the water pump correctly.If anyone has any pics please send to me at theomich@optonline.net Basically a 3 pulley system the crank alternator and waterpump.Can I use the the stock tensioner as idler pulley if alternator has different belt adjustment for tension.Thanks Theo

Quote Originally Posted by Theo5.0
    I am trying to run a serpentine system with a manual rack and a mechanical water pump with no other accesories besides altornator.How do i route the belt so it will spin the water pump correctly.If anyone has any pics please send to me at theomich@optonline.net Basically a 3 pulley system the crank alternator and waterpump.Can I use the the stock tensioner as idler pulley if alternator has different belt adjustment for tension.Thanks Theo
    On my old setup here is what it looked like. Smae setup as your describing. I have my idler shown here. I don't need it anymore if you look at my new setup. It now sits in the garage in the box of stuff to sell.

The idler bracket mounts to the SC bracket and the Mech. water pump. Let me know if you need it. I can also sell you my belt that was on it or you could buy a new one. My motor is a 351, but I'm pretty sure the bracket will still fit. If not you probably could get the bracket for a 302 from vortech.

Senior SCH Member
    I run a standard rotation water pump so the belt loops around the alternator, water pump, and crank pulley. Then I made a spacer for the lower alternator bolt and use a turn buckle bolted to one of the smog pump bolt holes in the blower bracket to apply belt tension. This method doesn't work too bad.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member

thx

this is a big help.I do have the braketfor the 302 the one used for smog pump,will that be the same?Thanks for any help.