Thread: need advice for setup

Junior SCH Member

Question need advice for setup

i am in the process of building my 91 mustang from stock. my new setup is going to have the performer 2 intake, e7 heads that have been ported and have 1.94 intake and 1.60 valves, stock cam, 42lb injectors, 3:73 gears, msd ignition, 70mm TB and egr spacer. also going with 2600 stall torque converter. and of course a novi 1000. thats about it for now and everything is goin to be dyno tuned. does this sound like a good setup or am i missing something. also what kind of power do you guys think i will be making.

SCH Member
    Didn't I send you here from mustangworld? lol

You haven't mentioned what MAF or exhaust. You'll want it to breathe well so I hope you're changing up the stock exhaust too. And I like Pro M meters and buy a powerpipe too.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Junior SCH Member
    yes u did recommend me here. lol. thanks for your help. i have ford racing shorty equal length headers, 2 chamber flowmasters, h-pipe and 2 1/2" exhaust. im thinking about a 77mm pro-m meter. but i dont have one yet, i dont know what would be good with it.i have all the little things such as fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator etc.. but im wondering if i will need anything else that im overlooking. i want to make sure i get everything right the first time because my bro is building it for me cuz im in the navy going to school and i dont have time to play with it like i use to. any help is welcomed. thank you

SCH Member
    Get the 80mm Pro M instead because that's the one the powerpipes work with (I think).
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Junior SCH Member
    well i guess if im going to buy one i might as well go with the 80mm. thanx for your help. i think i'll b good for now. as soon as i get everything installed i'll come back with my dyno numbers and track times.