Thread: Hello I am new to the board

Junior SCH Member

Hello I am new to the board

hello, I am glad to be here. I will be buying a 90-93 Mustang GT here soon and want your expertise on this combination I have came up with. I will want this car to run deep in the 11's so I could be real competetive with the cam and head LS1's, supercharged cobra's etc. Anyway, so far I have came up with a (331 stroker) Novi 2000, 80mm maf, 70 mm tb, Eldebrock Intake 1500-6500, 42lb injectors, custom grind cam 216/222 525/535 on a 116 lobe. What will be the best head for my buck. I know that the AFr 165 head will probally be the best, but what head could I buy that will work as good but maybe cheaper. Also, T-5 tranny with 3.55 gears.

Well you could run mid 10's with this stuff all day long with the right setup.........killing most all 03 snakes and LS1's. Of course you'll need a built rearend and a tranny that will hang.( I reccomend an automatic) The suspension and a real tranny will set apart an 11 second ride from a consistent 10 second street killer. I you want a head thats great i'd get the 185's for a 331......if you're gonna run a 302 till it pops(which i woud do) then just get the 165's..personally i think a stroker in a stock block 302 is a waste of money cause all you have to do is change a pulley to get the same power if you got a good fuel system ....Twisted Wedge heads are hard to beat for bang for the buck also.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Welcome to the site! :D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Setup sounds like it will be stout... Welcome.. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys for your advice. So I guess I am on the right track. I know a good tranny and rear will have to harness the power. I don't think I'll be drag racing at the track in this Mustang just maybe street racing from rolling starts. Would 8-10 pounds be enough?

8-10 pounds with a powerpipe and stock pullies will do what you want it to do. I wouldn't skimp on the heads though. Because the 2 other vehicles you mentioned didn't skimp on cylinder heads from the factory.

Welcome!

welcome to the show! :D
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys, explain to me the purpose of the power pipe? Will it be necessary the run and intercooler? How much power do you guys think this combo will make?

A powerpipe basically removes to the restriction before the charger so it can get all the air it wants at a given rpm. More boost along with cooler discharger temps are the key. Provided you don't skimp on the heads and the tune is spot on, 480-500rwhp will not be an issue. When you say 80 mm mass air you mean a Pro-M right?