Thread: Back into blowers, looking at novi1K...

Junior SCH Member

Back into blowers, looking at novi1K...

I sold my A-trim a couple months ago (going thru divorce lucky to keep the car)....I had upgraded it to 8 rib and had a PMS too......

Anyway, I can't deal with the N/A setup...so I'm looking at the Novi 1K systems. Seems more capable than my old A-trim. I remember following along with some of the upgrades like the steel discharge that Steve (468lc) came up with. The new 1K has 2 belts right? What are the prices like?

What do you think of the 1K, 2 belt kit? What is included? Anyone have any pics of the 2 belt setup?

I just want to do 5-6 psi for now, keeping is simple and reliable...I'll grow with it as time goes on.....

thanks for your patience and help!
    88 Gt, 302, Gt-40 irons/performer intake, stock cam, Tremec TKO, 3.55's......

SCH Member
    I just did a lot of research on this in June. I price shopped EVERYWHERE! I literally spent over a week price shopping. I believe redlineracing had the best price with JDs Performance in a close second. I went with JDs and Dave matched the price. I've placed 3 different orders now with Dave at JDs and have called him about 6-8 (mainly for questions and tracking numbers) times a week over the past 4 weeks. He's really earned his money from me. He's given me nothing but excellent customer service and I've given him hell! lol I highly recommend you order from JDs Performance.

I think the price was ~$1725-$1750 shipped. I'm not for sure since I ordered multiple items at the same time.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Shifter, i'd check close @ summit cause they usually have fall Vortech blowout. Last year i think you could get an SQ for around $2200 or something. And no this was no tuner kit. To answer your original question the novi 1k is a very capable blower. It comes with aluminum discharge, 8 rib and an awesome bracket setup. 7psi with stock pullies and a powerpipe is the norm.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member
    dallas mustang is having a huge sale,$1615 for novi 1000,and $2706 for novi 2000,and the 2000-r for $2751,the are the very best prices anywere!