Thread: Need Suggestions

Junior SCH Member

Need Suggestions

I am currently running a 331 intercooled F2 setup. I have been a best of 1.35 60ft with an ET of 8.88 @ 154. My suspension is new so I am still messing with that and know that my 60ft's will get better however the MPH seems low compared to some of the other F2 setup's that I have seen. Can anyone recommend a good crank and blower pulley combination. I am currently running a 77 tooth on the crank and a 44 tooth on the blower. Also what are most of the F2 cars running for gears? I am running 3.73's, with a Powerglide Transmission, should I change them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Drew
    Last edited by Haleyspony; 08-03-2004 at 10:46 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    I run a L/S car with a glide with a 3.91 gear. We run a 83t-50t pulley combo on ours. makes over 32lbs. of boost on a 400in sbc. it runs 8.30s with ease on a 1.32 60ft. @ 3350lbs. on a stock headed combo. How hi do you spool the motor?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Hastings
    I run a L/S car with a glide with a 3.91 gear. We run a 83t-50t pulley combo on ours. makes over 32lbs. of boost on a 400in sbc. it runs 8.30s with ease on a 1.32 60ft. @ 3350lbs. on a stock headed combo. How hi do you spool the motor?

I leave the line about 5400rpm. I am thinking of putting in smaller gears to reduce the the tire spin out the hole and pick the MPH up on the top end. What do you think?

Junior SCH Member
    We leave the line @ 4500 on a 10in m/t. We started out with a 4.10 gear and had to go to a 3.90 for mph mainly also. Chris Spies @ PROCHARGER does all our tuning and making the car leave a little easier. He is very smart on the combos. You can reach him @ PROCHARGER.

Junior SCH Member
    i was wondering how much boost and what kind of pistons u all are running,im wanting to put f2 on my 468bbc,was told srp pistons cant run over 15psi,wanting to run 9.20's,in 3600lbs car,not sure 15psi will be enough
    Last edited by 69chevellef2; 06-27-2009 at 02:39 PM.

SCH Member
    Hello,
    It sounds like you will need close to 1000 horse to achieve your goal. That is an estimate based on what info has been provided. So, you are looking at 20-25 PSI of boost. You cannot run a conventional piston or ring at that level of boost, that is correct. We run custom blower pistons with special coating in all of the engines we build. Another key is the ring package. We get a special deal from Total Seal. I have heard of many guys trying to run pistons similiar to SRP conventional pistons at different levels of boost and they have said they collapse. It is worth it, in our opinion to put the better parts in to start with, as they will save you money with a much longer life. We have guys running twice as much power and running hard all season. At the end of race season, they drop it off for a refresh and out they go to do it all over again. If you want to pick one of our tech's brains on this, feel free to drop us a line or give us call. That is what we are here for.

SMRE
    www.smreperformance.com
    231-773-8150