Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Can I make more power - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I make more power

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itlkick
    That is very cool - I was admiring your idler setup. Is that the way Paxton sells the 50mm cog idler setup? Do they even make one? It looks like a Vortech 50mm kit - is it?

Pretty awesome!

It's a Vortech lower and Idler's with a RCD upper. I had to mill the bracket down so I could move it back almost 2" to line up the lower pulley.

Thumbs up

Awesome numbers Blown lightning! Do you live in Texas? Since Mike Murillo Motorsports is based here in San Antonio, Tx that is why I was curious :) Unless you trailered your beast down here :)

Do you have any new vids of the Novi 2k's gen 1? If so PLEASE post them up!

Awesome Gen 1 Blown lightning! Keep up the good work!!!

-Chris
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Ya, I believe the street novi2k's have tighter tolerances between the housing and the impeller so there isn't as much room for heat expansion of the impeller. Inherently you can't overspin them as much. Probably a safe zone would be 57-58k. But even then you never know. Hope it didn't do too much damage.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath5.0
    Awesome numbers Blown lightning! Do you live in Texas? Since Mike Murillo Motorsports is based here in San Antonio, Tx that is why I was curious :) Unless you trailered your beast down here :)

Do you have any new vids of the Novi 2k's gen 1? If so PLEASE post them up!

Awesome Gen 1 Blown lightning! Keep up the good work!!!

-Chris
    I live in Oklahoma City and made the haul down to Mike's for a tune.

Here's a vid of 2 Novi trucks from OKC making a pass at WFC but we both couldn't keep the belt on for a whole pass......The red truck went 9.91 when we got back home but still threw the 8 rib belt @1000ft.

http://members.cox.net/gjls5/ok%20trucks.wmv

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustler
    Ya, I believe the street novi2k's have tighter tolerances between the housing and the impeller so there isn't as much room for heat expansion of the impeller. Inherently you can't overspin them as much. Probably a safe zone would be 57-58k. But even then you never know. Hope it didn't do too much damage.

It wasn't too bad just had to clean out the intercooler, pull the pan and inspect the oil pump.

Blown Lightning, awesome numbers, what's your combination?

Jim
    1988 Mustang LX Vortech Supercharged
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ
    Yippie-kiyah Muthafuka! - Bruce Willis, Die Hard

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer LX
    Blown Lightning, awesome numbers, what's your combination?

Jim
    It's a SVO W block bored a .100 over with 3.5 stroke which makes it a 370. Stock Trick Flow intake,ported twisted wedge heads that flow 308/222@.600, custom Cam Motion solid roller,custom JE blower pistons 8.5-1 and a set of 6.2" Oliver billit rods.

What are the cam specs, and what are you using for an engine management system (FAST, DFI, etc)?
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ

Junior SCH Member
    What are the cam specs, and what are you using for an engine management system (FAST, DFI, etc)?
    I use a FAST system.

the cam is 262/275 dur 683/672 lift.

Thanks for the info. Your motor is very kick a$$!! I'm building a 351 blower motor for my LX, plan on using a YS trim. It's kind of a budget motor, but I'm hoping to see 650 HP at the wheels. Basic combo is a production block, crank and rods, forged TRW's (9:1 compression), Victor Jr heads, Victor 5.8 intake, fuel system, YS Trim @ 15#'s, 1 3/4 full lengths. Been checking out the Lightning site for blown 351 combos, but I never seem to see any posts with full combos stated.

I'm a little unsure of the cam, and the header size, as I've gotten different opinions. I originally was going to use a TFS Stage 2 cam (.542/.563 x 224/232 x 112), but was told that's too small. So my next choice was the Anderson B451 (.576/.576 x 232/240 x 112), but now after looking at your cam, I'm wondering if I'm still thinking too small. I don't want to over cam it and make it too doggy down low. Other thing was the headers. I originally thought that 1 3/4 would be plenty, but I'm being told that 1 7/8 might be more inline with things. NMRA Street Renegade cars run that large a header on 306 motors, but they spin a lot more boost and R's than I will. Those guys run 25-30#'s of boost, and RPM's up to 8000. They also use more cam duration than even my 2nd choice cam (they use 250 and up duration @ .050"). I'm not really looking to spin the motor much past 6000, 6200 maybe. What do you think about cams and header size for this motor?

Thanks,
    Jim
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the info. Your motor is very kick a$$!! I'm building a 351 blower motor for my LX, plan on using a YS trim. It's kind of a budget motor, but I'm hoping to see 650 HP at the wheels. Basic combo is a production block, crank and rods, forged TRW's (9:1 compression), Victor Jr heads, Victor 5.8 intake, fuel system, YS Trim @ 15#'s, 1 3/4 full lengths. Been checking out the Lightning site for blown 351 combos, but I never seem to see any posts with full combos stated.

I'm a little unsure of the cam, and the header size, as I've gotten different opinions. I originally was going to use a TFS Stage 2 cam (.542/.563 x 224/232 x 112), but was told that's too small. So my next choice was the Anderson B451 (.576/.576 x 232/240 x 112), but now after looking at your cam, I'm wondering if I'm still thinking too small. I don't want to over cam it and make it too doggy down low. Other thing was the headers. I originally thought that 1 3/4 would be plenty, but I'm being told that 1 7/8 might be more inline with things. NMRA Street Renegade cars run that large a header on 306 motors, but they spin a lot more boost and R's than I will. Those guys run 25-30#'s of boost, and RPM's up to 8000. They also use more cam duration than even my 2nd choice cam (they use 250 and up duration @ .050"). I'm not really looking to spin the motor much past 6000, 6200 maybe. What do you think about cams and header size for this motor?

Thanks,
    Jim

With 1-3/4 headers with full exhaust on my old 357 with trick flow heads and intake I made over 600 to the wheels with 15psi.

Your best bet on a cam is to go custom.....it will make alot more power than any off the shelf cam and they don't cost too much more.

I have had good luck with http://www.cammotion.com/ Terry has made my last 3 cams.

Also you may want to think about using a stock block with that much power I didn't have very good luck with the stock block and those power levels

Thanks again for the info. I hear ya on the custom cam thing, just trying to do this on a tight budget, hence the off the shelf cam choices and the stock block. I could probably do a custom cam, but I think I'm stuck with the stock block. What were the specs of the cam that you ran in your 357 motor? And what happened to that stock block? Did you make two 4 cylinder blocks :)?
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ