Thread: first test drive w/ novi tonight... can i quit worrying?

SCH Member

first test drive w/ novi tonight... can i quit worrying?

After a week and a half of working on it everyday after work i think i will finally be able to go for a test drive tonight. I got my upr powerpipe in yesterday and started the install and it is a pain in the @$$ to install. I think i'd rather install Long Tube headers. Hopefully tonight i can finish the install and see what happens.

My biggest fear at this point is blowing a headgasket. The car has been parked and worked on when i find time for the last 4 months and i'm really ready to just enjoy it for awhile, its almost to the point that i lost interest in it. if it blows a headgasket it would sit for awhile until i find the motivation to fix it.

I put a gss340 pump, 3924 plugs(.35 gap), total timing at 20 and put fmu. I'm thinking with my setup i should be making about 420rwhp. I know no one can guarantee anything but can i quit worrying about it and run it hard?

Well I would not run it hard on the first drive. Personally I like to go for a light cruise and then come back, check all belts, hoses, ect.. Go for another ride, and slowly build into WOT as you double and triple check everything.

Ian

It should run good and it sounds like you have all the bases covered. Thats really good advice for anyone doing this the first time. Take your time and creep up on the timing slowly cause i'm sure you can get some more in there.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    last night i bought autolite plugs. they say 24 on them.....thats it. are these the right plugs?

Senior SCH Member
    I ran AR3924 plugs in my car without issues. I think they will be a good street plug and shouldn't foul. I ran them up to 16 pounds of boost.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    ok guys thanks. I think i'll go easy on it for a few weeks and see how it adjust to it. i thought i would go to the track this sat. but i think i'll pass on that for awhile. Plus i want to make sure it is running right before heading there. Hopefully if all things go well i'll get kicked off the track on the first pass if you know what i mean.