Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: re gap spark plugs

SCH Member
    hey speedy what now, how can i tell? remember i am an new 1 @ this!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Go to Advance or Auto Zone and they have a pressure hand pump that you put on the radiator and you pump up the pressure and watch the meter to see if it starts dropping pressure. Check around the lower intake also because sometimes you will see water on it and when your running the vacuum will push the water into the engine.

SCH Member
    hey dudes i just bought the denso iridium plugs and what a raping on the price.....13 bills a piece. now i have the check engine light. so i took it to auto zone. i am coming up with error 443 evaporative emission control system control vale.....WTF. where is this and how much to replace? or can i just clean it or something?

Have you removed your charcoal canister?? If so this is where the code is coming from.

If you plug that solenoid back in and cap off the vacuum nipples on it, the check engine light should go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    dude you are talking to a noob, can you translate in english? sorry man i think i have found the egr valve but i dont know??????? this is a 98 gt. the punk @ autozone said i think that is it(egr valve) send pics if you have. i hecked on another website and thay just showed the stuff for the cobra? please help anyone!

If you didn't remove it then it's most likey still there, I'm not too familiar with the 98's though so I'm not sure if they moved the location in comparision to the Fox bodies.

Anyways, the charcoal canister may be on the pass. side framerail just forward of the motor mount. It looks like a black platic box that'll have two vacuum line running to it.

It may be your EGR, but that's an Exhaust Gas Recirculating Valve?? Wish I knew more about the 98's......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th