Thread: Art Carr ROCKS!!

Senior SCH Member

Talking Art Carr ROCKS!!

I just got a call from Art Carr himself! My car will be ready today, and I'll be leaving soon to pick it up. I don't know if someone from my electronic circle of friends gave me a little help, if Art Carr and his group saw my thread(s), or if the planets just happened to all align at once. But whatever the reason - all I can say is Art Carr and his California Performance Transmission group didn't let me down, and I'll be racing the final bracket race - ever - at Carlsbad tomorrow. I'll have to thrash on the car pretty late tonight, but I'll be there tomorrow with my A-game ready.

Thanks to everyone for the support, and puting up with my whining.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Woot!!

Congrats David!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Hey david, You must have meditated :D David when i lived in san diego i used to take my camaro there (yes i used to have a chevy) about fifteen years ago and there was a rumor that it was going to close down, is that the same facility it's always been?
    Last edited by blueoval92; 08-07-2004 at 04:38 PM.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    Hey david, You must have meditated :D David when i lived in san diego i used to take my camaro there (yes i used to have a chevy) about fifteen years ago and there was a rumor that it was going to close down, is that the same facility it's always been?
    Yes, that's the same place. It's been in danger of closing down for years. But now it's time has truly come. The earthmovers are poised at the track prepared to lay to waste the only 1/4 mile track in SD :(
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Senior SCH Member
    OK - I just got back home (it's 8pm now). It looks like the GT will have to wait a little longer. There are a number of electrical issues to be sorted out, which wouldn't really be a problem to take care of tonight. But now I have a bigger problem: the support arm for the driver side exhaust broke off the tail pipe on the way up. The guys at AC were supposed to fix it, but it looks like they forgot. Now it's dangling in the back, supported only by the forward brace (if that makes any sense). The whole thing is hanging dangerously close to my new driveshaft. Rather than risk having it fall off and damage my DS, I'll wait and have that fixed up the middle of next week. At least I'll be back to the track next Friday.

Looks like I'll be a spectator/pit beech for tomorrow. Oh well.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

I would've taken the exhaust off and let it rip. :D ;)
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

It will be a sad day in carlsbad history when that track is laid to rest, :( thanks for the memories david. :)
    Jorge