Thread: Just got her in!

Junior SCH Member

Just got her in!

Well got the P-1SC2 in my 92 today and she sounds great. But the piping was a real PITA. Especially when I didn't have an instruction manual and relied on my buddies memory to get it done. Had to use some ingenuity to get the kit too work (stuff we had lying around not made for the kit) I already took 2 ribs off the belt after about 7 miles. Didn't get above 3500 rpm. The tensioner sits too far forward and I think it's what caused that loss of 2 ribs. Man I need the manual for this thing. Anybody got something too help a brother out? Sorry for the complaining, just venting a little!
    92 Calypso LX
    Stock bottom, T-5, 10# P-1SC2, GT40 upper/lower, 65mm Throttle Body, Performer heads (6037's), F-cam, 1.6 rockers, 1 5/8" cermamic shorties, O/R H, dumped 2-chambers, 3.73`s, MSD 6 AL and coil, 30#'s, Pro-M Blowthrough MAF, 255 in tank, ATI FMU, MMP 1/2" Rails w/ Aeromotive Boost sensitive Regulator.

Dyno: untuned 10* timing 361 RWHP / 377 RWTQ, A/F was 10.0 from 3200 - 5000 rpm when we let-off. 4#'s of boost and some belt slip. Need a damn tune but, nowhere to tune here!!!

Junior SCH Member
    don't feel bad I chewed up a belt in 4 days. the bracket was actually hitting a stock idler pulley behind it on my 04. put a washer in each mounting bolt between the bracket and the motor to solve the problem.