Thread: B+M 144 belt problem

Junior SCH Member

B+M 144 belt problem

The belt on my charger works off when I hit the throtle hard through the gears. Last night it came off and totaly destroyed the new belt. I thought that the belt had enough tension but maybe it needs more. The tesion adjuster has been modified and now is a manual adjuster with a bolt and nut. Should the belt be about the same tension as the acc belt? I can't afford to have the belt selfdestructing all the time.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 84 Coupe
    The belt on my charger works off when I hit the throtle hard through the gears. Last night it came off and totaly destroyed the new belt. I thought that the belt had enough tension but maybe it needs more. The tesion adjuster has been modified and now is a manual adjuster with a bolt and nut. Should the belt be about the same tension as the acc belt? I can't afford to have the belt selfdestructing all the time.

I had that same problem with mine. Make sure that you have the steal collar in side the dampner end where the blower hub fits in. What this does is center the blower crank pulley hub in the dampner. What happens when this is missing is the blower crank pulley isn't centered and it wobbles and walkes the belt off. Hope this helps ya. Keep us informed