Thread: low boost , just installed novi 2000

Junior SCH Member

low boost , just installed novi 2000

ok guys i have a stock 92 lx hatch mustang with a couple of bolt ons,tremec,anderson billet flywheel(made a big difference),anderson super king cobra clutch,aluminium drive shaft,3.73,bbk off road x pipe,flowmasters,no air pump,msd coil ,ford racing wires,motorcraft one step colder plugs,30lbs injectors,aeromotive fuel pressure reg,big boy ford motorsport 70mm mass air,royal purple oil.i did not hook up fmu yet,i should be getting 9-10 pounds but i only see 6 or maybe 7 and i am revving to 5800,i feel like i should have bought the hp turbo kit.i was expecting more power,my buddys cars who have s trims move out,feel like my big novi is slow spooling as well.is this normal boost numbers on my combo guys?

did your kit come w/ that reducer that installs after the MAF meter? Im only seeing 5-6 PSI right now and its b/c of that retarded reducer, it chockes the blower from getting any air. Get a power pipe and that will solve your problems.
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's

mike, without the fmu on the stock injectors @ 3psi you'd be lean........@ 7 you'll be silly lean.....if you had the powerpipe and a 80mm MAF you'd melt pistons with the stock injectors and no FMU.

If you don't like the Big Novi then sell it to me. :D ;) Work on the tune and the car will be plenty fast. I have a friend that runs 12.20's on a stock 5.0 and an old paxton SN-92 blower. Trust me. The trick is in the tweak.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    i have 30lbs injectors and fm big bore 70mm mass air,and areomotive fuel pressure regulator set at 50,just hook up fmu calibrated for 30lbs, the other day,did not feel any different.i have a question,i hooked my fmu like it says in the directions,i hooked up my bypass to my tree on the fire wall and teed my fmu into my bypass,or should i do vice versa hook my fmu to the tree and tee my by pass onto the fmu?i also set my timing at 10 degrees,mann it gets pretty hard to see your timing marks after you got all that bracketry.i am taking my car to the track tuesday,i want to punk my brothers procharged ls1 and my buddys 351 n/a notchback.i hoping low 12s or better.

set your FP @ 38-40 with the fmu hooked up. It would help to have the regulator and the fmu coming directly off the intake. You also may want to turn your timing down a tad. but if it dosen't rattle i wouldn't worry about it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D