Thread: Need a top notch designer and machinest for a project

Junior SCH Member

Need a top notch designer and machinest for a project

I have an idea I would like to tackle relating to the ATI P1SC-2 in my car and need a machinist who can help me design and fab up a special manually adjustable tensioner for my 04 to replace the factory self adjusting piece. anyone in the Northeast USA preferably in Massachusetts who can computer design parts and then CNC cut them out of billet aluminum? the average person would probably not be able to design the type of part I would like to use. just wondering if anyone would have the time and desire to make such a part. could almost gaurantee it would be marketable if it works and could be built for a reasonable price.

the pulley system in the 04GT is really crappy. I would like to have a new idler built to replace the ford idler behind the ATI blower bracket, for the custom built tensioner, and to replace the POS ATI idler under the alternator. I know Ian could do the pulleys, but the tensioner is the thing I would like to work on the most. I would like to have full control of the adjustment of it and preload on the belt versus letting it self adjust. I have found that there is way too much slop in the recoil when you let out the throttle which over time will cause belt failures. I can just imagine how bad the slipping is as a result of this. belt selections are few in the 108 inch range that ATI provides for the kit so a tighter belt is out of the question. I have gone this route with no luck.

anyone willing to help me out please post here or email me at:

orange40thstang04@msn.com

Junior SCH Member
    just found out Reichard Racing is producing the part I want. saw it on the front page of their website and called them for availability. should be ready for production in 4-6 weeks they said. I have seen a prototype installed on a car on Mustang Depot and it looks promising.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by showstopper
    just found out Reichard Racing is producing the part I want. saw it on the front page of their website and called them for availability. should be ready for production in 4-6 weeks they said. I have seen a prototype installed on a car on Mustang Depot and it looks promising.
    check out www.sd-concepts.com