Thread: back fire when let off the throttle?

Junior SCH Member

back fire when let off the throttle?

have a NOVI 1000,stock injectors,reg...ect shorties,off road H-pipe...driving it idles fine runs fine dosent miss a beat but when in the throttle then let out of it will pop and crackle then back fire.Timing is advanced ten degrees with spout in.FP is 35psi @ idle with vacuum in 45 psi with vacuum disconnected ....I am using the Paxton FMU with no blow off.Can some one help me get it to stop?

Do you have a bypass valve?

May try dropping your F/P down to ~40 psi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    no bypass vlv and I dont have a adjustable F/P Reg.If you think thats it I will buy one but wasnt going to buy all that till this winter when was going to freshen my motor up and go with a new H/C/I und up the boost.It is all stock set up with the paxton @ 6 psi.Only mods are exhaust and TCI street/strip tranny with 2800 stall and 4:10 gears

I would do the bypass valve 1st, search around on here there's a link for a good source on the Bosch unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    I will do that...Thanks

You could also be running real rich. Try clocking your mass air.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)