Thread: New Injectors & MAF?

Junior SCH Member

New Injectors & MAF?

I have a 96 GT and I just bought an S-Trim. Should I get rid of the FMU and get bigger injectors and MAF? If so what size of each of them? If I decide to keep the FMU should I still get a new MAF? As much information as you could give me on the whole FMU/no FMU and injectors would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Patrick Gans
    1999 GT Vert
    Vortech S-Trim, Morpheus 4" Powerpipe
    36lb Injectors, Pro-M 80mm
    MAC Pro-Chamber, Cat-back exhaust
    Steeda Springs, Ultra-Lites, Tri-Ax

Banned by Admin
    Oh boy. Okay, this is one of those touchy subjects for some folks. Personally, I scrapped my FMU for 42s and a calibrated Pro-M 80. A dyno tune and custom chip are a must. I chose to go alittle large injector wise (could've run 36s or 38s), as to leave some growing room. Lots of guys out there for some reason are loyal to the FMU and make it work to their benefit, I am not one of them. Always have a plan, how much power do you really want to make, and how much money do you want to spend. This needs to be decided, before you start buying the same parts over and over again like so many of us have done i.e. MAFs injectors, cams, intakes etc. I'm getting my car dyno'd next month, and I already know myself well enough that I'll be taking some smaller blower pullies with me just in case. Hope this helped.