Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fmu or bigger injectors?

Junior SCH Member

fmu or bigger injectors?

hey all. im going to be getting an sq-trim soon, but not sure what to do with fuel setup. my engine is all stock (besides tb), can i use the 19#s with the fmu? how will it run like this? also, what times should i expect with the blower on? my current best is 14.2@95.

awesome site btw :D

SCH Member

fmu

:) :) :) :) the fmu will take care of everytning. no need to install bigger injectors. got an sq s trim on my 98 gt :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The FMU will only be good for so much HP. Even if you upgraded to 36# injectors, you might still have to run the FMU. The only way to ditch the FMU, would be to go with either 42's or 50's.

Junior SCH Member
    42's wouldnt be too much for a stock engine? forgot to mention, my car is an 89.

With a stock engine I'd step up to 24's and run the FMU.

Junior SCH Member
    so does everyone agree, 24#s with fmu will be ok? what can i expect to run after its on? previous best was a 14.2@95 mph

Junior SCH Member
    I would run larger injectors. That is the best way to run. I myself have 38's with an fmu. I will be stepping up to 72's and no fmu. The car was not that consistent with the fmu. You should be able to run no fmu with a 36 or 42. I would not use anything smaller. This way when you want o turn up the boost you can. You might say no now but believe me you will. I'm up to 15 psi and would like to go more. lol You do not see any car companys using fmu's???

Junior SCH Member
    any ideas on times i can expect on street tires?

Running on street tires is like having sex with a condom on....it just plain sucks.

Get ya a spare set of tires/wheels for the track :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    i have draglites with DR's on em for the track. just wondering how ill do on the street tires.

Racing on street tires is not worth it. I would have to say that you should get a minimum of low 13's. Because once the boost kicks in, say bye-bye to traction.

Street tires on the track is like a band-aid on a gunshot wound. It isn't gonna cut it.

Junior SCH Member
    i never got a definiative answer. if i just go ahead and get 42# injectors, will that be way too much for a stock h/c/i engine?? im getting rdy to order the blower soon and dont know what to do about injectors.

If you plan to upgrade in the future you may as well go with the 42's, howver you will more thank likely need a tune to get it to run correctly...... This is what I'd do personally (FWIW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    whats the smallest injectors i can use with no fmu? im not going to touch the engine. but i may turn the boost up a "little".

42 lb injectors is the smallest I would run without a FMU.