Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
i have the msd 6al box i need to get boost retard box should i buy msd 6btm and i

Thread: i have the msd 6al box i need to get boost retard box should i buy msd 6btm and i

i have the msd 6al box i need to get boost retard box should i buy msd 6btm and i

wont even need the 6al box anymore or what any help i would appreciate thanks

You could go either way, you can buy the piggy back BTM and add it to your 6AL or you could buy the 6BTM unit and remove the 6AL.

I run the piggyback unit with my Digital 6, I wanted to keep the features of my Digital 6.

You may want to check out Cranes products, they may have a nice Digital unit with a BTM built in, not too sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

how much is the piggyback btm and do you have any links to the sites that sell them and what features will you get without the msd 6btm just wondering you know lol

No links but you can pull it up on www.summitracing.com or www.jegs.com

The piggyback will run ya about $180
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

ok cool but if i do away with the msd 6al does the msd 6btm have the rev limiter and the other stuff that box gives me on top of have the stuff that the 6btm gives you like having a boost retard box and whatever else

The 6BTM will have the same features as the 6AL plus the BTM capability.

Junior SCH Member
    I would go with the piggyback since you already have the 6al. The 6BTM is one expensive mug. I paid $180 through Summit for the add on BTM.
    92 Calypso LX
    Stock bottom, T-5, 10# P-1SC2, GT40 upper/lower, 65mm Throttle Body, Performer heads (6037's), F-cam, 1.6 rockers, 1 5/8" cermamic shorties, O/R H, dumped 2-chambers, 3.73`s, MSD 6 AL and coil, 30#'s, Pro-M Blowthrough MAF, 255 in tank, ATI FMU, MMP 1/2" Rails w/ Aeromotive Boost sensitive Regulator.

Dyno: untuned 10* timing 361 RWHP / 377 RWTQ, A/F was 10.0 from 3200 - 5000 rpm when we let-off. 4#'s of boost and some belt slip. Need a damn tune but, nowhere to tune here!!!

If you were starting from scratch, get the 6BTM for around $320. Its cheaper than buying both the 6AL and the BTM piggy back unit (about $380 for both).

Since you already have the 6AL, just buy the BTM piggy back.

I would do as the others suggest....simply add on an MSD Boost Timing Master for $180 from Summit. You could of course sell your 6AL and you could possibly get up to $150 for it and then you'd have to take that $150 plus another $180 to get the 6AL BTM model but in the end you'll end up spending the same extra $180 to just go ahead and buy the add on BTM box.

http://www.msdignition.com/tc_19.htm

If you are looking for a cleaner install with less boxes, then go with the 6btm. Used 6al's will fetch a few bucks to make up for it. If you're not concerned about two boxes under the hood, then just piggyback.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage