Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No color in my spark plugs

Proper meter? Can you increase the Pulse width on the pms? Have you checked the heads and block for straightness?

I would save for a trip to the dyno and tune it there.....there are alot of reasonable dyno's here in central ohio.....or buy a wideband.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Proper meter? Can you increase the Pulse width on the pms? Have you checked the heads and block for straightness?

I would save for a trip to the dyno and tune it there.....there are alot of reasonable dyno's here in central ohio.....or buy a wideband.
    I have lowered the boost to 9# till I get this problem fixed.and I am saving up for the dyno.Meter is a pro-m 75 for 42# and supercharged.
    93 LX With low mile 89 short block. Edlebrock 6025 Heads TFS Track Heat B-31 Cam 42# injectors S Trim 14# Power Pipe (anderson) Aeromotive Fuel system FMS Headers Off Road H Pipe flowmaster Cat Back Lentech Street Terminator Valve Body Lentech 9.5 Inch 3200 Stall 3.73 27-10.5 Street ET's Big and Skiney Convo PRO's

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBlueCoupe
    Mine are also white (look like they came out of the box). I have many many wide oopen throttle blasts and a dozen or more passes down the track, no problems yet. The car does pop and backfire a bit when I let off the throttle and let it engine brake itself down. I honestly don't know if it is lean pops or unburt fuel in the exhaust igniting. The car smells and feels rich, yet the plugs are bone white in my car also.
    Mine also smelled and felt rich but I think it was really lean because when I would run it threw first and secound gear my temp would go up and it would start to cut out at about 5600-5800 rpm,like it was hitting the revlimter witch is set at 6600.
    93 LX With low mile 89 short block. Edlebrock 6025 Heads TFS Track Heat B-31 Cam 42# injectors S Trim 14# Power Pipe (anderson) Aeromotive Fuel system FMS Headers Off Road H Pipe flowmaster Cat Back Lentech Street Terminator Valve Body Lentech 9.5 Inch 3200 Stall 3.73 27-10.5 Street ET's Big and Skiney Convo PRO's