Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how fast with a t-trim

Junior SCH Member
    I know a guy named A.J. ran easy nines @ 143 with a t-trim....he gave me some advice on my car via email.

I'm pretty sure mine will run in the 9's also...I made a very easy pass (half throttle out of the hole), and shifted to second gear only to find there was no second gear at all, it put the motor on the limiter. I then shifted to 3d and kept going. That pass was 1.59/10.37/137mph.

That was with a weak tune (21 deg. total) and C16.

I hope to fix the trans and test again on June 5th.

Senior SCH Member
    Now that the T-trim is Real Street legal, I expect 9.60's at 3250 with out of the box TFS heads will be acheived within 3 races.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302
    I know a guy named A.J. ran easy nines @ 143 with a t-trim....he gave me some advice on my car via email.

I'm pretty sure mine will run in the 9's also...I made a very easy pass (half throttle out of the hole), and shifted to second gear only to find there was no second gear at all, it put the motor on the limiter. I then shifted to 3d and kept going. That pass was 1.59/10.37/137mph.

That was with a weak tune (21 deg. total) and C16.

I hope to fix the trans and test again on June 5th.

Well, I was right. On Friday I ran 9.79 @ 138 at Norwalk and it was super hot and humid. Everyone said they were off 2 tenths from good weather, so I know there's plenty left in it. Still using a slipping serpentine belt and 21 degrees of total timing with c16 fuel. I didn't even hook up the trans brake yet.

Maybe even 9.5x in perfect air at the end of the season? I might try spraying it too.

Fry guy were are you @ in ohio? I'm about 45 minutes from NRP myself.....I'm fully expecting mid 10's this fall and 9's in the spring.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I'm actually in Michigan, around 2.5 hours from NRP. That track rules though.