Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
***03' explorer supercharger***

Thread: ***03' explorer supercharger***

Junior SCH Member

Thumbs up ***03' explorer supercharger***

Hey everyone,
    im new here and didnt know where t ost this b/c there is so many forums on here so sorry if its the wrong place.

ive been looking for a supercharger for my 2003 explorer eb, o and its a v6:( .
    i was wondering if anyone here can help me out ad tell me what options i have for a supercharger. i havent been able to even find a kit for it yet.
    i also wanted to know what power gains i should expect.
    also, can someone tell me the specs of my motor?

any help will be appriciated.
    thanks

Not sure if you have the 4.0L motor or not, but a quick search revealed that Steeda has kits for Explorer's.

Here's the link: http://www.steeda.com/store/-trcatal...percharger.htm

If that link doesn't work, go to www.steeda.com and navigate to the "trucks" section, then to "engine & cooling" scroll down and the vortech kits are at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I've been thinking of doing one on my 03 explorer too. I have the v8 though. Vortech makes a kit for the 4.6 that I think I could bolt up pretty easy. Allen makes this kit for them too: http://www.allenengine.com/explorer.html
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    thanks

also, if i do decide to get a blower, would the stock tranny be able to handle it, or will i mess it up?

Junior SCH Member
    anyone else?

If you leave the boost at the stock level, the transmission should be ok. I would install an external transmission cooler if it doesn't have one. If it does, I would install a larger cooler. Remember, heat is the worst enemy of transmission fluid.