Thread: What color to paint a Fox LX Hatch?

SCH Member

What color to paint a Fox LX Hatch?

I'll be painting my car next month and i'm still undecided on if i'm going to change the color or not. Right now its Black with a saleen body kit w/ bullitt wheels and a cobra spoiler. As for as the saleen body kit.... i really hate it, especially the front. I'm more into the stock look so i'm going back straight LX leaving the cobra spoiler and stock hood. Should i leave it black or should i go with a different color?? It wont cost me much more to change colors since i'm getting a brother-in-law deal.

The colors i had in mind are silver, mineral grey, dark shadow grey, Crimson red(04 aniversarry color) and black. I'm not limiting myself to just ford colors so let me know what you have in mind.

I like the black and all but it is hard to keep up and as much as i work on my car the fenders catch hell even though i put covers on them when i work on it.

Senior SCH Member
    Well, if you want to change colors, you want to do it right, so, out comes the engine etc... The trunk, pull off all the mouldings quarter glass etc... usually this costs more than a repaint of the same color. I know I went through it. This is a decision that only you can make- it's your car and taste that matters here.

SCH Member
    thats not really a problem. Except for the engine of course. i wont paint the engine bay until next time the motor is out (which i expect that to be anytime). all the moldings and 1/4 glass and all is comming out anyway. The door jams and such will be painted no matter if i change colors are not too.

only thing is color... i know its my car and its my decision. I'm just looking for other peoples opinions on what looks good. LX mustangs are non existant around here for me to get ideas off of.

I like the Emerald Green and the Titanium Fox bodies, Mystic would be nice but very pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

The new Chevy Trucks have a bright blue that i think is very sharp. I can't think of the name of it though. Check out some of the Aston martin sites, and porsche sites for some really unique colors you won't find on fox's.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    I've been trying to decide on a color for my vert. How about Sonic Blue or Redfire?
    Are you going to sell the Saleen body kit? If so E-mail me at Porkyspigwhistle@yahoo
    306,Ported Twisted Wedges,Procharger P600b 14# Intercooled, Holly Systemax 2 intake, E-303 cam,75mm tb, Pro-M Univer caled for 42's,Msd 6al & coil,AFPR set at 45#, 255lph intank,T-rex inline

SCH Member
    Well yesterday i took off the saleen kit and damn the car looks a million times better. Alot cleaner look to it and being able to see the tailpipes is down right awesome. Too bad i'll need new pipes since it has been years since they have been cleaned, except the part you were able to see through the saleen cut outs. On top of better looks i dropped probably a good 30-40lbs. For being fiberglass, the kit was alot heavier than i would have guessed.

I think i pretty much decided to go with Porsche Arctic Silver Metallic. Its very nice and kinda looks white in the bright sun... at least from what i can tell off of ebay. Does anyone know of any other nice looking silvers out there that doesn't have the blueish tint to it? Oh and i'm still trying to find a metallic black of some sort, what cars could i find that has that?

Mr. Getbad, i do want to sell the kit but i'm not shipping it, its big and suprisingly heavy. I live in Louisiana.

check into mercedes benz paints.........they have awesome silvers
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 Hatch

Mr. Getbad, i do want to sell the kit but i'm not shipping it, its big and suprisingly heavy. I live in Louisiana.
    Thats cool, If you don't sell it locally keep me in mind. I have a Black car and it could possibly save me some dough.
    306,Ported Twisted Wedges,Procharger P600b 14# Intercooled, Holly Systemax 2 intake, E-303 cam,75mm tb, Pro-M Univer caled for 42's,Msd 6al & coil,AFPR set at 45#, 255lph intank,T-rex inline