Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stock Crank\2.95 blower\PSI?

Brad87gt, Check your PMs..My buddy has what your looking for..You can email me at Simpletnman@yahoo.com..

MoDo,

How can the belt be slipping if theres never any belt dust under the hood or on the Blower?My boost doesn't Dip in the High RPMs either..?Also, I have Tried 2 seperate NEW Bypass valves and nothing has changed..

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks but i want an 8'' blower pulley with the stock accessory size pulley
    A-4 BASED 321, BILLET CRANK AND RODS, RENEGADE NOVI 2000, C4......

Call ASP and they'll make you the pulley you want. I'm pretty sure it's about the same price.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    I thought that maybe a company already made a product like that?

What about an 8" Crank with an Underdrive acc. Pulley?

Senior SCH Member
    Yes their are a few peolple who ,ake the 8'' blower with an underdrive acc. pulley but i dont like the problems that come along with the underdrive

What are exactly the "Problems" associated with running the 8" Crank pulley with an Underdrive acc pulley?I have been running one for about 2 years and I have had no problems out of it at all..No Charging or Cooling problems at all?

Jeff

SCH Member
    Im a little worried too - Havent run mine yet, but I have the 8inch w/underdrive accessory... Its going to turn everything slower, thats the problem.. as if fox bodied cars dont have enough charging and cooling problems. Sure, I could hunt for a underdrive alt and WP pulley I guess..

Jeff

You wont have anything to worry about Jeff.. To solve your cooling problem , just simply add a 93 Cobra Waterpump pulley..You wont Add it you will HAVE to run it just to ues the 8" Crank..If your using a Stock Alternator, just Go to any Alternator Shop and buy a Tiny Alternator pulley..I bought one for $3 at a local shop..You wont have any cooling or Charging problems as this is what I have done for the past 2 years...

Senior SCH Member
    well i have charging problems but no cooling problems, at night with the headlights and electric fan and ignition and all the other things like if i have to have the heater or something it doesnt charge very well even with a 140 amp alternator.

If you have a 140 Amp alternator and your still having charging problems then something is wrong..I Have a 140 Amp alternator, 8" Renegade/Underdriven Crank pulley,MSD ignition,Ramchargers Dual 12" Electric fans, headlights on, radio on, and the Heater going, my car still pumps out 13.5 volts at Idle which on my car is around 850rpms..This was verified with a Digital Voltmeter..

I would check out your Alternator as something is not right..Like I said, you could also go with a smaller Alternator pulley to spin it faster at an Idle..

Senior SCH Member
    i plan on looking into the problem a little more closely.

Senior SCH Member
    has anyone on here ever used the 2.50 inch blower pulley that asp sells?

I dont see how anyone could run a 2.5" Blower pulley I really dont.. When I first got my blower I went to a Reichard Racing 2.75" Blower pulley and the stock 6.87 Crank pulley..I never could get the belt to stop slipping with that combo..I also tried a Regular 2.75 Blower pulley and it Slipped even worse..I dont care how tight I tightened the belt, it still slipped and blowed Belt dust all over the blower head un it and on the entire motor..Your much better off with the Large Crank pulley and a Relatively large blower pulley to make real boost and to keep the blower belt from slipping..The Biggest Plus about going to the Renegade Crank pulley is that boost is almost Instant..There is No Lagtime like there is with the smaller Crank pulley..When you hit the gas boost is there....

Senior SCH Member
    well once i figure out the charging problem i have maybe i will get the renegade crank pulley.