Thread: Got the little novi on...up...and runnin'

Junior SCH Member

Got the little novi on...up...and runnin'

This is the older single belt version...

I'm running stock pullies, and it makes 6psi or so with the power pipe. After selling my A-trim and being N/A, it is nice to be boosted again!

One thing for sure...THIS SUCKER IS QUIET! My V-1 A-trim was a noisy thing....it was neat at first, but I really like this novi.

Installation was pretty straight forward....My current tune is timing at 8* (total wot =24), no detonation. I always ran locked with my A-trim(10psi), but with only 6 or 7psi, it runs great with the base at 8* and letting the computer do the rest. I'm running my 77mm pro-m and 30's and is seems fine, I'll have my wideband on it tomorrow.

I have the F-150 pulley...how much more will that add? I also have a 2.75" blower pulley, how much will that add? What about the 2 together?
    88 Gt, 302, Gt-40 irons/performer intake, stock cam, Tremec TKO, 3.55's......

I see 11-12#'s with the f-150/2.75" combo and powerpipe, this is on a 331 H/C/I car :D

With just 6psi and the pipe, I may suspect a bit of belt slippage....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    WOW! 11-12 on a 331....I was overspinning the crap out of my old A-trim and it made 9-10 on a GT-40/performer intake 302....

Potent little thing is it....I just can't get over how quiet it is.....(my a-trim was a V-1)

I'm running all the stock pullies now, and I didn't tighten the belt very much....I'll keep an eye on though. How hard do you crank down on the belt?
    88 Gt, 302, Gt-40 irons/performer intake, stock cam, Tremec TKO, 3.55's......

I crank it down pretty good and throw a little belt dressing on when needed :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Using belt grip is key on a single belt novi. You don't want the belt too tight or it will tear up your accessories. My engine is black up front from a years worth of belt dust lol. Then again I have been driving around on the street with my 7.5" crank pulley on. :evil:

Glad to hear it's up and running shifty.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).