A buddy of mine was putting on a race out here in ABQ, NM (nominal elevation 5200') and I told him I would have my car there one way or another. Well when it became obvious I wouldn't make it on time I pulled a motor out of an '88 Lincoln MK VII what was out back for my father to pull the rear for his car (8.8 disk). This thing had just over 180k miles on it but fires right up. So I figure what the heck. Pulled it sprayed it off and sat and thought. I figured I wanted to just see what it could do the way it sat. The only things I did were changed the fuel injectors and rails (to 30# and adj FPR), used my pro-m 77 and swaped vavle covers. I installed my t-trim with a 72 cog on the crank and 29 on the blower. Figured it was either gonna be fun or go boom. Well it stayed together seeing 15#s at around 5500 and went 12.76 @109.55. It was a blast. Oh and by the way the new Mickey Thompson radials hook very well. Went 2.00 60' with totally stock suspension. Not bad for the mileage and elevation. Way to go Ford.
Mike