Thread: How much boost can i run? help asap!

Junior SCH Member

How much boost can i run? help asap!

hey guys quick question;
    i have a probe short rod (5.315) pro series 347 stroker kit(stock block) with 20cc dished forged pistons, 4340 crank, 60cc Edel. Vic Jr heads, Trick Flow Stage 2 cam, Edel. Perf. RPM intake and a brand new (rebulit) v-1 s-trim. (have an 8'' crank and 3.33''/2.75'' blower pulleys) getting ready to go in my 93 cobra.
    anyway, my question is how much boost could i run with the right amount of fuel?

thanks in advance.

You should limit the output of the HP to 500 RWHP. That is the highest I would go with the stock block. When running the 3.33 and 8" crank pullies, you will see approx 17-18 psi. Way too much boost for a stock block, IMHO. I would drop down to the smaller crank pully and stick with either the 3.33 or the 3.15/3.12 blower pullies. You will see around 12-14 psi with those. Much safer on a stock block.

Junior SCH Member
    uhhh bigger blower pulley (3.33) = less boost that smaller blower pulley (2.75) and with 60cc vic heads i doubt i'll see that much. i don't have any other crank pulleys so i'm ****** in that regard. any more ideas???

You could go larger with the blower pulley. Like a 3.5 or something.