Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Having some install trouble with my T-trim renegade setup..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having some install trouble with my T-trim renegade setup..

SCH Member

Having some install trouble with my T-trim renegade setup..

1 - 8" crank pulley puts the belt practically ON the waterpump drive, even without the waterpump pulley. Its hard to imagine it working, even with a smaller pulley. Does anyone have a pic of this setup and how close the belt ended up to the waterpump pulley?

2 - The renegade setup comes with just the 4" 90 elbow for the inlet. It has a bung welded on it for the bypass to route to. How are people setting this up with their mass-air meters? Trying to avoid purchasing a powerpipe.

Thanks
    Jeff

1. Did you tighten the belt? How long is the belt? I ran an 8" on my Novi 1000 and all i needed was a longer belt.

2. I'm pretty sure Vortech intended for you to get a powerpipe. Frankly i can't imagine having a blower without one.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    1 - Ill look into that as well, although it would have to be A LOT longer :)

2 - Yeah, maybe... I think that I would have to modify a PP anyways, so I was hoping for something cheaper. The reason I would need to modify it is because the aluminum 4" 90 that vortech suppies with their renegade kit has the inlet for the bypass welded on as well, and its pretty big compared to the bosch setup - would have to replace the rubber one that the PP comes with and add a straight coupler.

Jeff

1. I think my belt was 59 5/8" if i remember right......but this was a novi with a 3.5" pulley mind you......this should get you in the ballpark....

2. If you're crafty you might be able to come up with something better.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangonline.com
    1 - 8" crank pulley puts the belt practically ON the waterpump drive, even without the waterpump pulley. Its hard to imagine it working, even with a smaller pulley. Does anyone have a pic of this setup and how close the belt ended up to the waterpump pulley?

2 - The renegade setup comes with just the 4" 90 elbow for the inlet. It has a bung welded on it for the bypass to route to. How are people setting this up with their mass-air meters? Trying to avoid purchasing a powerpipe.

Thanks
    Jeff
    What type of car are we talking about?

If it's a mustang fox, did you get the 93 cobra waterpump pulley?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike SVOR
    What type of car are we talking about?

If it's a mustang fox, did you get the 93 cobra waterpump pulley?
    Yeah, its a fox. I dont have the waterpump pulley - I actually got it to fit by using alonger belt. The waterpump pulley would not have helped, as it was the flange at the front of the pulley that was rubbing. The diameter of the pulley where the belt rides would not have mattered :(

Im not done yet though - ill keep ya posted.

Jeff

Junior SCH Member
    I don't know where you might be hitting, but here is what my setup looks like with a standard crank pulley and a 93 cobra waterpump pulley.

Attached Images Attached Images

hmmm....maybe thats why i didn't know what you were talking about. I thought everyone had an electric fan. DOH!!! ;)

SCH Member
    No, its not even that. The belt can touch the front curve of the waterpump pulley - not the belt surface itself, but the pulley near where the bolts go in.

this is with the belt tightened? either you got the wrong belt or something with the tensioner is wrong.

Junior SCH Member
    Yep, a longer belt will allow the pulley to pull the belt lower and further away from the water pump pulley.

SCH Member
    Yeah, I think its clearing now with a longer belt, but im about at the end of my tensioner travel and I dont know if the belt is actually tight enough. We will see. I have to get it running in the next couple of days because we have another hurricane on its way.

it won't need to be hella tight.......if you get it tight with the 8" and 3.5" combo slip will not be an issue

SCH Member
    Where can I get an 8-rib 3.5 or maybe even a 3.6? Im going to be making too much boost on my stock motor. :)

SCH Member
    Oh, and where do you measure the diameter of the pulley? From the top ridge of one of the grooves?

Jeff