Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Having some install trouble with my T-trim renegade setup.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having some install trouble with my T-trim renegade setup..

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangonline.com
    Where can I get an 8-rib 3.5 or maybe even a 3.6? Im going to be making too much boost on my stock motor. :)
    http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=4704

i think you measure from the grooves but don't quote me. PM Ian and he can make you what ever pulley you want for less than what vortech sells them for and Ian's pulley's look awesome! How much boost are you after? MODS? altitude? I may be able to help on this one.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Hey Jeff i heard they are evacuating already,man that is a big a$$ hurricane. I live in Houston and know all about them. Be carefull and goodluck man.
    Jorge

btw.....if you have to drive it, you can drive it with the blower belt off just in case no-ones told you. Just make sure the oil lines are leak free and head north. ;) I'd hate to be whatching a video of you and your car skidding along the beach and you're still trying to get that 8" pulley to work. :D
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

SCH Member
    Yeah, were on the west coast, but still worried. Going to take the car to higher ground incase of flooding. The main thing I am waiting for now is a mass air meter. Its supposed to be in the mail to arrive tomorrow (Friday). Otherwise, I would have to pull the intake and put 19lb injectors back in. :(

If I cant get it done by the end of the day tomorrow - I have a friend with a trailor coming to pick it up :)

Jeff

SCH Member
    I have yet to install the adjustable FPR and with the 42s, its running a bit rich at idle and likes to surge Ill install that tomorrow and drop the FP a little to try to fix it.

Anyways, I have a very restrictive intake between the mass air and the blower inlet (something I rigged up in the absense of a powerpipe), so I think thats holding it back a little. The pulleys should be good for 14lbs and Im only seeing 10-11ish. I have some questions though:

1 - 1st and second gear dont seem to get much above 5-6lbs and generally, 2nd doesnt pull like I thought it would. 3rd and 4th simply haul ***.

2 - at the top of 3rd and 4th around 11lbs, right before I let off, it seems to pull extra hard all of a sudden - eh?

3 - after a hard run, during deceleration, it sometimes stalls for a second and the CEL comes on.. it will then restart. Seems like its loading up and stalling??

All in all - its added a ton of power. It drives like stock except for the surging.

I don't understang why you dont see the same boost @ the same rpm in every gear.

hows your bypass working? are you running the 3" and 8" pulleys on aT-Trim?

SCH Member
    Actually, I think its at least a 3.33 pulley. Hard to measure those things, and there are no numbers on it, but it almost looks like 3.5

Bypass seems to be ok. Its a race bypass. I had a flange fab'd up and welded it to the aftercooler. FYI - if anyone is looking for silicone hose to connect their race bypass and renegade blower inlet, get the fuel neck silicone hose from a local parts store. Its the same stuff used for PWC gas filler necks too :)

Jeff