Thread: will the ford racing valve covers clear holley systemax intake

will the ford racing valve covers clear holley systemax intake

if you use 2 spacer or can you not do that cause i heard they didnt clear with just one if they are both 1 inch spacers can you do that

With 2" of spacer, you'd be lengthening the runners of your intake quite a bit and possibly killing your top end. Plus you'd have to find extra long hardware.

Now, I ran 1" spacer with TFS tall valve covers and I had to modify the throttle bracket to clear the v/c. Once I did that, my TFS intake cleared the tall v/c. Then I shut the hood and the damn intake hit the hood. With a cowl hood, you should have no hood clearance issues though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member

Thumbs up

I am running the FOrd Racing 4 inch valve covers with a hollley Systemax. I am using a 1 inch spacer which leaves about an 1/8 of an inch of clearance on the drivers side. I had to make a custom oil cap to use to do it though. i also have a 2 1/2 cowl hood and don't have any clearance issues.

Junior SCH Member
    I had the Systemax with a 1" spacer and The black finned Motorsport valve covers that said "Cobra" on them and had to grind the fins on the drivers side a little bit.
    1988 GT
    mild Novi 1000 302
    10.9@128mph

1988 GT convertible
    AOD, pulleys, K&N, exhaust, lowered, cowl hood....