Thread: Need some advice please

Junior SCH Member

Need some advice please

I am running Dart Jr. heads and an X303 cam. I am thinking of buy an S-trim. Will the X303 work and if it doesn't what will be the drawback of running it. Thanks

The X-cam will work. However, you will need to check piston-to-valve clearance to make sure the valves don't smack the pistons.

There are better cams out there that are more blower friendly though. Any type of supercharger or turbo would need a little more help on the exhaust side, so you would want a higher lift & duration on the exhaust side like the TFS stage 2.

The X-303 cam has .542/.542 lift with 1.6 rockers and 286/286 duration. The TFS stage 2 cam has .542/.563 lift with 1.6 rockers and 286/294 duration. There are several people on the boards running the TFS stage 2 cam and love it. I'm gonna be using it myself.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks alot for the advice

Junior SCH Member
    Just to let you know I am already running the X303 and I had more than enough clearance.

Central Coast Mustang used to use the X303 in a lot of their blower motors, I believe they used to retard it 8 degrees to get the timing events where they wanted them. I have an old mag with their old red 79 notchback with an EFI blown 302 in it running 9.80's at 139 mph with Dart heads and the X303.
    1988 Mustang LX Vortech Supercharged
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ
    Yippie-kiyah Muthafuka! - Bruce Willis, Die Hard