Thread: Newbie with a 351 Swap question

Junior SCH Member

Newbie with a 351 Swap question

Hi all,
    I would really appreciate some help with this.
    I have a 90 stang that is supercharged.
    I just ordered a rebuilt 351 and am gathering the parts to put it in.
    I have everything except the blower bracketing system squared away.

One place told me that the 302 bracket will make the blower hit the hood on a 351 if I didn't modify it.

Can someone please show me a list of bracket parts that I will need for my Vortech SQ S trim to fit on my new Canfield headed 351?

Any and all help is welcome!

Thanks,
    Mike

First off welcome! Second, I think your choices are, to modify your 302 bracket to fit,Or buy them from Vortech. you could try a search on this forum also. Good luck.
    Last edited by blueoval92; 08-24-2004 at 08:42 PM.
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks,
    I forgot to use the search. I'm usually pretty good about it, but in the middle of panic mode, I guess I thought I was the only one with this problem. LOL.

So far, Alternative Auto Performance is the place to send my brackets to have them modified. They want 199 bucks to do it. Kinda steep, but, they look like the only game in town.

Thanks for the help.

While I'm at it, I might as well ask if anyone has a 50mm cog drive system for their vortech. I'm planning on running this setup but the first problem seems to be the fact that nobody sells a 6 to 9 psi cog system.
    So far, the lowest drive ratio I've found is from vortech, with their 50 mm drive system.
    73 tooth crank and 34 tooth blower.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what PSI that would yeild on a Canfield headed, B-31 cam'd, 351, spinning no higher than 6,000.

Edit: I found the supercharger speed chart on this site and figured them both out. Looks like the cog setup above is just ~2000 rpm higher than my old pulley setup. So I should be fine.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Mike SVOR; 08-25-2004 at 08:20 PM.

I have a 351 with a ysi and I had to mount it on the 302 mounts on the main bracket. Mine is Modified to fit the 351 but to allow the aluminum elbow to clear the valve cover I had to use the 302 mounts. All you should need to do is mount the braket install the supercharger, rotate the volute counterclockwise, use HPM 3/4" drop solid mounts (~$100) and you will need a longer belt ~(2"). This worked for me. Plus your blower has a smaller housing which should give you more clearance under the hood. But, no guarantees. :D