Thread: fmu tuning question

Junior SCH Member

Question fmu tuning question

Hi. I know fmu aren`t the best thing for tuning but it`s the only thing i can afford right know. :( I have h,c,i with 5 psi sc-trim, walbro gss-340 and 30lbs injectors with 6:1 calibration disk for the fmu. When i'm running wot, my wide-band shows about 11.8 from 4000 rpm to 5000 then from there all the way to 6000 rpm it drop to 10.8 (my fuel pressure goes up more rapidly at the same time so that's when the fmu kick in). What should i do to lean the top end a bit? Lower fuel pressure with my fuel regulator?(currently 40 psi vac. unplug), put a 4:1 disk in the fmu (have it on the shelf) or put some kind of bleeder/restrictor in the line to the fmu?

thanks for your help

Simon

Personally I would try to ditch the fmu, bump your fp up a couple pounds and watch your air/fuel under boost with the wideband.I'm willing to bet with your combo and 5-6 psi you'd be alright with just the 30's and around 50#'s of fp.It's worth a shot, other than that I would say try the 4:1. I've read good and bad about controlled air bleeds but not having ever used one myself I will let the more qualified advise on that one.

what jim said. dithc that damn fuel dumper. Set your base fp at 42, set timing at 10* initial and put some 101 in it for saftey. if it doesn't ping, then go to pump gas and be careful..

Then again, I just remembered you said you had a wide band, so use that instead. I personally woudl sale the wideband and buy some bigger injectors. :D

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe