Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: got my new asp racing pulleys today

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    No, Just set your crank timing at 14 degrees and set the BTM. You will want to start the BTM at 1.5 degrees for each pound of boost to start out. I have never run a BTM but heard they are not that accurate on the dial so start high. At least at 1.5 and 10psi you will be removing 15 degrees of timing which should get you at around 19-20 degrees of total timing.
    speedy

when you said set the crank timing at 14 do you mean with the spout out? today for my initial heat cycle i checked my timing and it was 10 degrees wit the spout out and 18 with the spout in at idle.

the computer adds 16 degrees total correct?

i have my btm hooked up but im trying to figure out a safe timing/btm setting to run with around 10-12 psi. 94 octane.

thanks.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    19 Total timing will be max with 94 octane and 12psi, without a A/F meter you don't want to push it or you will be doing head gaskets again.

Senior SCH Member
    I have an lm-1, I just havent had a chance to drop my new shorty h pipe off and weld the bung into it.

I am going to run 10 degree's base and pull out around 1 degree of timing per lb of boost running 10 psi. I should be down to around 16-17 total WOT with the btm pulling timing out.

Thanks again speedy you've helped me out quite a bit working the kinks out of my mustang.