Thread: FMU ?

Junior SCH Member

FMU ?

I have the adjustable FMU that came with my kit and it's set at 3 turns CCW from closed. I'm not getting the fuel spike on the throttle with my FMU. Fuel pressure is set at 31 PSI w/ vaccuum on. Pressure will jump to 40 PSI on the throttle but that's it. What's my problem? Thanks for any help!
    92 Calypso LX
    Stock bottom, T-5, 10# P-1SC2, GT40 upper/lower, 65mm Throttle Body, Performer heads (6037's), F-cam, 1.6 rockers, 1 5/8" cermamic shorties, O/R H, dumped 2-chambers, 3.73`s, MSD 6 AL and coil, 30#'s, Pro-M Blowthrough MAF, 255 in tank, ATI FMU, MMP 1/2" Rails w/ Aeromotive Boost sensitive Regulator.

Dyno: untuned 10* timing 361 RWHP / 377 RWTQ, A/F was 10.0 from 3200 - 5000 rpm when we let-off. 4#'s of boost and some belt slip. Need a damn tune but, nowhere to tune here!!!

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian5.0
    I have the adjustable FMU that came with my kit and it's set at 3 turns CCW from closed. I'm not getting the fuel spike on the throttle with my FMU. Fuel pressure is set at 31 PSI w/ vaccuum on. Pressure will jump to 40 PSI on the throttle but that's it. What's my problem? Thanks for any help!
    Try closing it some. I have my base fuel pressure set at 38 PSI and see it spike up to near 60 under boost. I am only about 1/2 to 3/4 turns from closed.

Also those FMU's have a delay. Even all the way closed it wont kick in tell like 3-4#s, then you will see it spike pretty high..
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s