Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Electric fan won't fit!!! What are my options??

Thread: Electric fan won't fit!!! What are my options??

Electric fan won't fit!!! What are my options??

Everyday a new problem arises. Today it is the sn-95 fan I have won't fit due to the crank pulley and the sc bely tensioner. I have approximately 3.5-3.6" of clearance from the radator to the crank pulley. What kind of CFM fan should I be looking for? Anybody know of a fan that will work? Black majic fans are 4.5" deep. I have a 3 core copper/brass radiator which is 2" thick. HELP, HELP!! This is for a 92 5.0.

SCH Member
    Ramchargers fan.
    You're not going to find a much slimmer fan, especially not for the $/performance it gives!
    www.ramchargers.com
    68 Charger R/T-493/727/3.91
    87 Buick-Stock 3.8 with a whistle
    90 LX hatch-Titanium/black interior, 347, ported Twisted Wedge's & Track Heat, Novi 2000, 42# injectors, Pro-M 80, T56, Spec Stage 3, Cobra brakes f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, Maximum Motorsports uppers/lowers/CC plates, 4.10's, front coilovers, PMS, Bullit wheels.
    02 SOM SS, A4-Stock-Have cam, converter, N20 in the closet.

Flex-a-lite sells a dual fan set-up that clears perfectly.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

What would be a sufficient CFM for a blown street 302 w/ A/C? Is 2500 enough?

A Ramcharger fan will more than do the job. My Thunderbird has no openings on it's front end like a Mustang does....just underneath the chin and that's it. The current setup consists of a 31 x 19, 2 core Aluminum Rad, 180* Thermostat. I've sat in stop and go traffic in 90* weather. With the fan on it's low setting it never gets above 190*. Even when I had my 3 core copper/brass it ran a little bit hotter but never more than 200* which is plenty safe temp wise. With a 10 rib set up (Novi 2000) it required ZERO trimming to fit around the pullies with a 3 core copper/brass.

Speaking of fans I'm going to get some measurements on a new fan that may work for people who need a really serious fan. I work for Ford here in Canada building the Freestar Minivan and we install the fans in the zone where I work. We recently added a tow package option and the fan is a dual electric combo that is quite slim and will move a ton of air. I'll get some measurements on one and post them as a sticky if people are interested.

Ok. Ramcharger it is. I will oreder one tonight. Thanks for the help guys.