Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
egr valve

Thread: egr valve

SCH Member

egr valve

anyone ever had a problem with this?

What kind of problem?

Need more information.

I had a problem, egr code came up, took it off and where the pintle seats it was caked with carbon, cleaned it with carb cleaner put it back on and cleared the computer, never had a problem after that. It's always a good idea to clean your idle air bypass,egr valve and throttle body, i clean them twice a year.
    Jorge

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    I had a problem, egr code came up, took it off and where the pintle seats it was caked with carbon, cleaned it with carb cleaner put it back on and cleared the computer, never had a problem after that. It's always a good idea to clean your idle air bypass,egr valve and throttle body, i clean them twice a year.
    I cleaned everything and car stills runs like CRAP! still throwing a code. took my baby to FORD :( should of grabbed my ankles and walked in the door backwards, with my keys! :(

Quote Originally Posted by tarpymac
    I cleaned everything and car stills runs like CRAP! still throwing a code. took my baby to FORD :( should of grabbed my ankles and walked in the door backwards, with my keys! :(
    Ouch, sure hope you documented the miles and let the service manager know what's up.....

I cringe at the thought of the the porter tooling around town in your ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

If you still get an egr code, it's rare but the sensor itself could be bad. let us know what you find out, besides how much your a$$ is gonna hurt :D
    Jorge

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    If you still get an egr code, it's rare but the sensor itself could be bad. let us know what you find out, besides how much your a$$ is gonna hurt :D
    they called me today and said it is ready. we found that #3 plug misfire was collapsed. i said no it is not ready, try to find out why. i can see my bill rolling like it would over top of a slot machine : (------

LOL :D
    Jorge