Thread: BTM(TIMING)PRO'S

BTM(TIMING)PRO'S

Alright guy's, should i use the btm, or lock it out. and where should i start with timing? (8.7-1, dished pistons, blower cam(114), ported Edbrocks,42lber's no fmu, stock pullied s-trim 8-10,w/powerpipe.) Everyone's input is always welcome.
    Jorge

Its really hard to say. Personally I'd get it on a dyno. Its kinda hard to tune on the street. I'd start with 10 degrees base timing with the BTM set at 0 and slowly increase timing from there.

Senior SCH Member
    well BTMs are notorious for failing or not pulling the amount you THINK it is. if you verify it IS working use it, i would shoot for a total timing 16 degrees to start and slowly work the timing up from there. if your tuning for pump gas i wouldnt go any higher than 19 degrees total, if using race fuel you get a bit more aggressive naturally. and BTW i would try to moniter the A/F and get around 11.5-12.0 and no leaner than that for a safe street drivable tune. your prolly gonna find youll be maxing the 42's pretty easy though.

Scott
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Well thanks guys, but i just got done reading all 9 pages on the corral, took me 2 1/2 hours! and i think i have a good grasp of where to start. feel free to keep the ideas flowing. :D
    Jorge