Thread: Started car today w/ NOVI - very quiet? What gives?

Started car today w/ NOVI - very quiet? What gives?

:) Not really what I expected. VERY quiet. Barely audible standing in front of it with the hood open. When I spoke with Chris at Muscle Motors he said it will get louder as it gets broken in. Is this true? I mean, I did want it quiet, but I did want some blower noise - not like a V-1, thats too much for me. That is why I went with the NOvi. The videos and sound clips I have seen/heard are louder than mine. (Unless I have the NEW "SQ" NOVI 1000 ) . ANy input on this fellas? Was yours quiet, then got louder? I can't drive it yet. Waiting on my Ramcharger fans. Should arrive on thursday. Can't wait to drive it with the NOVI! :D

I can hear my 1K loud and clear.I think you will find it gets louder as it gets some miles on it.Mine really found a voice when I changed to a smaller blower pulley.Still nowhere near a V-1 but it's audible especially to the trained ear. ;)

Where's your idle at, mine is barely noticeable at anything above 900 rpms, but at 800 or so you can definetely tell "something" is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

idle is set @ 800-850. It would be fine if this is how loud it would be. I was just expecting a bit more sound.

SCH Member
    mine is pretty noticable since my car idles at around 750 or so. Anything above that its dead silence. What i like is most people are familiar with noisy vortechs and they never suspect a s/c under my hood. Of course i get the occasional "something doesnt sound to good under there" phrase alot.