Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do i need to complete install.

Junior SCH Member
    i bought the car with the ac removed, if i buy a ac remove pully from upr and then i would have to move the power steering back down, my question is will i need and bolts or brackets to move the power steering back down to its regular location????
    88 gt, gt40x heads, cobra upper and lower, 1.6rr, e-303 cam, 24 lb injectors, bbk underdrive pullys, ram chargers dual fan, mac prochamber h pipe and exhaust, 73mm c&l, mass air converted, msd blaster coil, 3.73 gears, aluminum drive shaft, sub frame connectors, g3 upgrade, 4" cowl induct hood, autometer gauges, Edelbrock waterpump
    comming soon- supercharger :joy:

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    That's a good possibility. A trip to the boneyard may be in your future - any similar vintage 5.0L app would work for scrounging brackets - lincoln Mk7, mercs, yada yada.
    Chris

You can leave your power steering right where it's at, and get a 93 cobra waterpump pulley, there cheap, like 30 bucks or so. of course you'll need a shorter belt. if you still have a problem with the tensioner hitting, you can drill a new hole in the tensioner bracket for the little stub on the back of it to rotate it up. UPR has 42lb injectors for 349.00 sometimes pro-m will have sales on their meters. AFM will have sales also , just shop around. hope this helps.
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    are the cobra water pump pullys bigger or samller then stock because right now i have a bigger one on (bbk underdrives) will this one work?
    88 gt, gt40x heads, cobra upper and lower, 1.6rr, e-303 cam, 24 lb injectors, bbk underdrive pullys, ram chargers dual fan, mac prochamber h pipe and exhaust, 73mm c&l, mass air converted, msd blaster coil, 3.73 gears, aluminum drive shaft, sub frame connectors, g3 upgrade, 4" cowl induct hood, autometer gauges, Edelbrock waterpump
    comming soon- supercharger :joy:

cobras are the smallest waterpump pulley's, the stock one will be too big. and the bbk is even bigger.
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    i had the a/c off the car before the s/c install . had to put a small idler pulley on the bottem tensioner bolt. got a longer bolt . then drill a new hole in bracket to move tensioner up a small amount . works great.