Thread: Need some reassurance

Need some reassurance

I've had a couple blower cars, but they were always on fresh engines. I'm getting rid of my 95, getting a fox, and blowing it. It'll have a TFS h/c/i, and I'm thinking a little Novi 1000 would do nicely on it. I really only want a solid 11 sec car (for the time being).

Point 1- 123 or so mph possible w/ h/c/i/t5/novi? I know I may have to do some pulley juggling.

Point 2- most important- Reassure me that this won't necessarily grenade a 145K drivetrain. Please?

Thanks,

J

1. Certainly possible but you'll have to spend the coin on good fuel stuff and spend soem quality time on the tune.
    2. There are no guarantees for this but the gear in the cars is hard to beat for this. Try not to cut many sub 1.7 60' times and no powershift and it will last longer.

However I don't think they make a Novi 1000 for the 94-95 cars. Vortech is offering a huge price break on the SQ's right now. I'd pm some choice vendors and see what you could one for. So yeah the fox's are the way to go. Powerpipe and the 8" crank pulley is an easy recepie to big trap speeds like you requested.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Yeah, I'm figuring 255 in tank, an inline pump, 42's and a Pro M 80.

It would also figure that literally ays after deciding to ditch the sn95, Vortech dropped those prices. Well, no worries. I'll finally have that Fox notch I've always wanted.

Sounds like you know what you need. Coupes are where it's at anyway. ;) I have a good video of my car in my photopost of my old Novi 1000 if you wanna check it out.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

SCH Member
    123mph is easy to get for some and harder for others. My h/c/i/tremec/ novi setup with a 2.75"/f-150 pulley was only enough to get me 114mph traps. Of course it was never on a dyno to be tuned so i guess it could get better, but even with a tune i dont think i'll gain 9mph.

Come winter time if mine doesnt go faster i'm selling the novi and gonna try a s-trim.

5.0, not to beat a dead horse, but the trick is in the tweak. I'm a tune-a-holic. my car started out trapping at a miserable 114 and i made changes til it went 117 on stock pullies. It just takes time. If you live in the humid midwest like me the fall is always worth at least .2 and 2mph anyway.

SCH Member
    humid isnt the word around here... i'm in Louisiana about 30 miles from the Gulf and running in 95 degree weather with extremely high humidity. Thats why i'm waiting till winter to see what its made of.

Btw, when you say tune, what are you actually changing? My timing is locked in at 24 degrees and I dont think there is much more to change.

Well there's meter clocking, AFPR's, timing(infinite possibilitie's) plug gap, and last but not least tires. Tire's are and almost always will be the most over looked part of a well rounded car. At least this is my observation.