Thread: Boost while reving?

SCH Member

Boost while reving?

Got her started today - not ready for the street, but when I reved it, I didnt see any boost, is that normal? I am using a race bypass and I have not adjusted it at all. Also, it is going to the front vac port on the stock intake - the one that usually goes to the charcoal canister.

Jeff

Senior SCH Member
    You will not see boost on the gauge until there is a load on the motor.
    Last edited by brian88lx; 09-02-2004 at 09:49 AM.

Just free reving it, will take the vacuum to near zero, but no boost till load on the motor.

SCH Member
    Had a feeling :) I knew that turos worked like that, but I wasnt sure with blowers. Thanks

Jeff

ok, now why would a car w/ an A-trim show about 8lbs. reving it up(no load) and shows good vaccum at idle?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Bad Gauge because without a load you won't have positive pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Bad Gauge because without a load you won't have positive pressure.
    The gauge is brand new, Autometer.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I tried a few things and the only way I could show pressure at my gauge was to restrict the Supercharger so bad that it showed positive pressure. Check your filter and anything that could be blocking the inlet or discharge tube.

Where are do you have the boost gauge tied in? You may get funny readings if its before the throtle body.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
    Where are do you have the boost gauge tied in? You may get funny readings if its before the throtle body.
    This is my friends car...gauge is tied in behind the intake so that shouldnt be a problem..my car w/ an s-trim will not show boost w/out a load for nuthen, and he says that there is something wrong...i tell him that u are not suposed to show boost free reving...i dont see much restriction around the filter or anywhere else...any other suggestions...and will this harm anything? :)