Thread: "New" SN

Senior SCH Member

"New" SN

Like almost everyone these days, it seems, I picked up a used SN93 cheap and am just finishing up the install on my car. No problems with the install. For a bolt on part to actually be bolt-on is amazing. The only issue I have is digging up a belt for the accessory drives as I have a somewhat custom setup. No biggie there though, I'll get it right.

Application is 88 5.0 SD. Expectations are a fun, reliable, "big-block feel" out of the 302. Engine is stock, save for good valvesprings and 1.7 roller rockers. It makes 250 horse NA, drag-strip dynoed.

Should be firing soon, I'll ask if anything arises.

Glad you're here,

F=MA

sweet! stock motors and blowers really shock alot of people with what they run if they are optimized!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    The reasons I picked the SN are: 1. It was available, complete, for under a grand, used. 2. I have heard that the SN series comes on boost sooner than other centrifugals and, given the fact I shift the stocker at 5500 rpm max at the track, I gotta start earlier if I want to get a broader powerband to work with.

I have run a nitrous setup on the car for years, a 5115 dry kit. I don't expect the little Paxton to beat that, due to pumping losses but, I think it'll be a little bit more generally fun to squirt around with. I'm going to use the N20 as a charge cooler on those really hot track days. A little 20 horse shot ought to accomplish that.

I also home made a twin turbo setup for the car last year but, I didn't like the brutality of it and the inability to access anything underhood anymore, due to miles of piping.

F=MA

There's a local with a sn92 and a stock motor, tb to pan that goes 12.20's almost every pass. He has 4.10's, slicks, and a full mac exhaust. The trick is he drives the bejesus out of it and cuts 1.6xx 60' every pass. You might be suprised.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

SCH Member
    :) He went that nite best ever 12.16~ at i tihnk 111mph his 60' was like 1.7's mids i guess hes happy and now whats to tear it out and start building on his other~

hey zac, i think he should try 28" tall slicks before he tears it out. It'll 60' better for sure and the mph 'should' go up....
    Last edited by regattacoupe; 09-14-2004 at 07:28 AM.

SCH Member
    yeah he dont own any~ and i think he cant take any more fridays off from work~

i bet he could borrow a set though. Dosen't the wagon run 28's? And isn't there always saturday? :D

SCH Member
    no the wagon runs 26's and yeah saturday is usually hot and more $$$ hes not really worried about it~ we had our fun times~

sweet! the car runs like a raped ape anyway.