Thread: Troubles....

Junior SCH Member

Troubles....

Ok I've got a BD-11A on my Jeep and I'm trying to change the pulley but the damn thing won't slide off the shaft!!! Isn't it suppose to slide right off, or do I need a pulley puller....The unit is off of the vehicle and I've tried with all my might to pop this thing off but it's not budging.....

The other problem is this...I took the case off the impeller and noticed that the bottom of each impeller blade has been rubbing against the case....On the case, there are streaks of metal missing, and likewise on the corressponding impeller...

And lastly, the thing is whining even if turned by hand, is this normal?

Junior SCH Member
    Sometimes the keyway gets bound up and i can be a little tough to remove. A gear puller should do the trick, or you might try GENTLY prying at the pulley with a flat screwdriver. Do it evenly around the pulley.
    If the impeller has been rubbing like that then the small high speed rear bearing is/or was probably shot, causing play in the shaft.
    And mine makes a little noise when you turn it by hand too.
    Have you already had this blower running on your Jeep? What kind of Jeep?
    1988 GT
    mild Novi 1000 302
    10.9@128mph

1988 GT convertible
    AOD, pulleys, K&N, exhaust, lowered, cowl hood....

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exgmguy
    Sometimes the keyway gets bound up and i can be a little tough to remove. A gear puller should do the trick, or you might try GENTLY prying at the pulley with a flat screwdriver. Do it evenly around the pulley.
    If the impeller has been rubbing like that then the small high speed rear bearing is/or was probably shot, causing play in the shaft.
    And mine makes a little noise when you turn it by hand too.
    Have you already had this blower running on your Jeep? What kind of Jeep?
    Its in a 98' Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited....Pretty heavily modified: CNC Ported TB, Ported/Polished Manifold, high stall converter, MSD 6BTM, MSD Blaster coil, shift kit, high ratio shift lever

I will try your idea to get that pulley off...